Serious question - Really nervous

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
ttoews
Established Member

Post by ttoews »

Jac3510 wrote:ttoews,

Jesus said "He who believes has everlasting life." ....

I am moving this to the "seven reasons" thread
aprilsmapril
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by aprilsmapril »

Vash,

God is a loving god who does not try to 'keep people out' of heaven. If you believe (and I'm going to just trust you've read everyone elses definition of this) then you're His.

Doubts and questions are fine -- if God wanted us to be blind automatons, He wouldn't have given us free will.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Vash wrote:First of all, thank you (and everyone else) for all your help, but I have a question about this. There are times when I get too caught up in something I'm doing. Eventually, my heart gets pulled into it and I just have a prideful-like pleasure in whatever it is I'm doing.
Nothing wrong with that. Whatever you find to do do it to the best of your ability. There is nothing wrong with being pleased in your work. You know what is even better than that great feeling of pride in what your hands and abilites have been able to accomplish? Giving your Creator the glory for it.

I have had a real struggle myself over the past six months with sort of being despondent that 90% of what I do is a waste of time. I perhaps felt like Solomon did everything is vanity and vexation of spirit. You take great pride in some work and realize that it will pass away.

Offering Glory to God for it, or finding some work to do in the name of Jesus will last, and gives far far more satisfaction than heaping any amount of pride upon ourselves. IT surely is the greatest thing in this world to wake up thirsty for God.

I think the spirit of your post testifies that you are a child of God.
JBirdAngel
Recognized Member

Post by JBirdAngel »

Hello Vash,

i find this verse to be helpful, i worry alot about what is most important to me, this of course is Jesus who comes first, and then my lover. When i worry i cannot be forgiven i have found this verse helpful.

i have at times worried about the way it is worded, to see if i truely understand what is saying.

hopefully you will find this helpful also

1 John 1:9 KJV
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We are saved by grace, through our faith in Jesus Christ, however as James tells us, it is a true and living faith that saves us.

James 2:19 KJV
19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James 2:26 KJV
26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

so it is correct that acknowledging that there is one God and that Jesus Christ is not what saves, but it is faith in Christ that saves, a true and living faith, one that we live by and act by. Where we completley trust and rely on Jesus Christ our Lord, God, and Saviour.

We are blessed to be able to call God our Father :)

other than Jesus all humans are sinners, we must confess our sins, and have faith in Him, and He will save us:)

i dont know the verse(s), but i think the Bible says that only those who God calls can come to Him. He wants to save us, we must confess our sins and believe in/on Jesus Christ, our Lord, our God, our Saviour :)

Ephesians 1:4 KJV
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."- Jesus - John 14:1 - KJV

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Jesus -Matthew 11:28 KJV

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. - John 14:27 KJV

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. - Jesus -Luke 12:32 KJV

thank you- jason