Messianic Jews

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
YLTYLT
Established Member

Messianic Jews

Post by YLTYLT »

Are there any Messianic Jews on this site?

I was curious what Messianic Jews believe as far as the controversial subjects are concerned like election, predestination, OSAS, etc....

Do any of you know? Or do the same controversies exists within that group as well?
ruthrush
Recognized Member

Re: Messianic Jews

Post by ruthrush »

[quote="YLTYLT"]Are there any Messianic Jews on this site?

I was curious what Messianic Jews believe as far as the controversial subjects are concerned like election, predestination, OSAS, etc....

Do any of you know? Or do the same controversies exists within that group as well?[/quote]

I have belonged to a Messianic congregation for about 10 years. I am a gentile Messianic believer.

Most Messianics I have been in contact with, believe in partial predestination. I have not met any that believe we do not have to make a choice concerning our salvation and atonement through Yeshua.
OSAS is not something that is discussed very much. Some say that those who have made a public declaration of acceptance of Yeshua as their Savior and then renounced that declaration, never truly accepted Him in the first place. Only God knows the heart.

The reliance on Scripture as the only Word of God, is central to most every group that bears the title Messianic Jewish.

I know of none that do not observe the Biblical Holy appointed times of God including the 7th day Sabbath from Friday evening until Saturday evening. Most keep Biblically kosher.

They follow believers immersion (baptism) but not as a means of salvation.

They follow the Hebrew calendar to determine Passover, Feast of First Fruits (Resurrection), Shavuot (Pentecost) and believe Yeshua was probably born during the fall feasts (probably Sukkot/ Tabernacles /Booths).

Shalom,
Ruth