Faith in existence or knowledgeable logic of existence?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Vash
Recognized Member

Faith in existence or knowledgeable logic of existence?

Post by Vash »

Well, I was talking with a Christian friend who's years more into his journey than I am. We were having a discussion about faith in general. He pointed out "If I say 'I have faith in my friend from work', I'm not saying I believe he exist, I'm saying I trust him - Same applies to God."

But my pastor is always stressing "Live by faith, not by sight." (Might be quoted from the Bible somewhere, not sure)

So my question is... are we supposed to logically believe that God exist or is faith involved in theism?
Birdie
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Re: Faith in existence or knowledgeable logic of existence?

Post by Birdie »

Vash wrote:Well, I was talking with a Christian friend who's years more into his journey than I am. We were having a discussion about faith in general. He pointed out "If I say 'I have faith in my friend from work', I'm not saying I believe he exist, I'm saying I trust him - Same applies to God."

But my pastor is always stressing "Live by faith, not by sight." (Might be quoted from the Bible somewhere, not sure)

So my question is... are we supposed to logically believe that God exist or is faith involved in theism?

There is no proof for God or against God. If there was solid proof for a God then won't everyone be Christian? I think God would want you to be Christian because of faith anyway. People just try and make the idea of God more plausible so it's more believable but it still comes down to faith. But I don't get it when you friend says he has faith in God even though he might not be there. Isn't that having faith in yourself for your decision of believing there is a God, even though you may be wrong? Or saying something like, 'I guess God is probably there, might not be.'? Even though this link (http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/convinced.html) says something about you can't always be sure about God anyway.