Interesting backgrounds of Middle-East!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Interesting backgrounds of Middle-East!

Post by PetriFB »

Jari Iivanainen has written very interesting article about Middle-East backgrounds....

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Lastdays6

When talking about events before the coming of Jesus Christ, one of the most essential features is the contention around Israel and especially around Jerusalem because this area and the Middle East will be the main stage during the last days. This geographical area has also been in the media and in the headlines of newspapers probably more than any other thing during the last decades and often in the negative sense. It is probably due to the fact that this country has continuously been a target of attacks from the outside and from the inside — it has experienced three large wars and numerous suicide attacks — which has sustained the interest of the media.

But before we start examining the present-day events in this area and the future of this area in the light of the Bible's prophecies in detail, we are going to take a quick review of its history. We are going to look at e.g. what was the fate of the land and who ruled it after the year 70 A.D., when Jerusalem and its temple had been destroyed. Likewise, we are going to look at who are the Palestinians, where they have come from and other relevant issues. They are important matters to clarify in order to understand the background of the present problems.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Interesting link.

Most of this is pretty much basic stock in trade for the futurist interpretation of Revelation and other key prophetic passages.

I am a premillenialist and tend toward futurist interpretations, but I frankly have become very cynical in terms of some of the interpretations I have seen which at times are just just a stretch as to almost be comical. Hal Lindsay, in my opinion, has done this generation a grave disservice with his popular prphetic interpretations and what we see now are more and more people attempting to force Scripture into contemporary geo-political terms.

With every major shift in world power alignment, you get another interpretation.

I am becoming more convinced that Islam is going to play a role in end times prophetic fulfillment. The strongest argument that I see for the end-times being near is the passage in Matt 24:14.

I know others see it differently.

Thaks for the link. It does do a good job of familiaraing people with some of the recent history in the Middle East, even if the interpretation is open to debate.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Post by PetriFB »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Interesting link.

Most of this is pretty much basic stock in trade for the futurist interpretation of Revelation and other key prophetic passages.

I am a premillenialist and tend toward futurist interpretations, but I frankly have become very cynical in terms of some of the interpretations I have seen which at times are just just a stretch as to almost be comical. Hal Lindsay, in my opinion, has done this generation a grave disservice with his popular prphetic interpretations and what we see now are more and more people attempting to force Scripture into contemporary geo-political terms.

With every major shift in world power alignment, you get another interpretation.

I am becoming more convinced that Islam is going to play a role in end times prophetic fulfillment. The strongest argument that I see for the end-times being near is the passage in Matt 24:14.

I know others see it differently.

Thaks for the link. It does do a good job of familiaraing people with some of the recent history in the Middle East, even if the interpretation is open to debate.
Thanks about feedback ....may GBU