String theory arguements

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
godslanguage

String theory arguements

Post by godslanguage »

Pritty good link in perspective to creation arguements in relation mostly to the string theory.

http://www.web-books.com/eLibrary/God_Science.htm

Whats your opinions on it?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: String theory arguements

Post by Canuckster1127 »

godslanguage wrote:Pritty good link in perspective to creation arguements in relation mostly to the string theory.

http://www.web-books.com/eLibrary/God_Science.htm

Whats your opinions on it?
Thanks godslanguage.

I took a brief look at it.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the level of "spiritualization" of some of the scientific elements.

There's been a tendency in the past to take that which is currently unknown to science and attribute it to a mystery which in the end proves the need for God.

This is sometimes called the "God of the Gaps argument."

As a Christian and a Creationist, of course I believe that God is responsible for all that we see in the physical universe. He reveals Himself through His creation and that is a perfectly legitimate thing for us to see and assert.

The problem with asserting the "God of the Gaps" argument is that often times, science does eventually come up with an explanation that demonstrates the physical forces at work. Of course, we as Christians believe God created those forces and the laws that govern them.

Skeptics then look at the prior argument and turn it around and portray Christians as fools and God as unnecessary.

Of course, that is a fallacy. Christians can be wrong. Christians being wrong doesn't disprove God.

But we ought to be careful about making assertions, that invite this reaction when there is not a good scriptural reason to do so.

As a Christian, there is nothing wrong with stating at times, "I don't know" or "I don't understand." That's an honest answer.

My opinion at first glance, but I didn't look close and maybe I'm not doing it justice.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender