Supernova observed in Real Time

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Supernova observed in Real Time

Post by Canuckster1127 »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 220556.htm

440 million light years away. It begs the question, if the universe is only 6,000 years old, why would God create it to not only appear older in a constant state, but why would he incur an event of this nature, so distant, to appear to us 439,994,000 years older than the universe itself was in existence?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
angel
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by angel »

:) :o
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

See, if they would have listened to us old earther's back in the 1700's none of this would have happened... :shock:

We were even more popular before Darwin's time..

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

Be silent, heretics... (Yes, I'm kidding. :P I'm not too certain myself anymore...)

Have you read these? (I can't do without sources...)

How can we see distant stars in a young universe?
Exploding stars point to a young universe

Although the latter article may only sideways be related to the matter. ;)

Oh, and Gman - JOHN CALVIN was a YEC! Surely that should settle the matter! :lol:
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Turgonian wrote:Oh, and Gman - JOHN CALVIN was a YEC! Surely that should settle the matter! :lol:
Was a YEC'er... I'm sure Calvin is an OEC'er by now... We're going to have to wait for you though to figure it out... :wink: :lol:

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8