so are you saying that ony some people go to heaven

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
jezzer wrote:did the disciples tell the truth:
that is one thing i allways thought because its so hard to understand, i would think that, but ive just read that part and it seems its unlikely they could of made up all of this

i do like reading things like that because its intresting to see the otherside of the storie,instead of saying no it cant be true, i think the disciples made it all up

i think that most people who dont belive jesus was around and rose from the dead just leave it at that without thinking any more and without reading such things as this http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/ ... idence.htm
Jezzer,

Of the 12 disciples (counting Paul as God's replacement for Judas) were you aware that 11 of them died Martyr's deaths?
Hey Bart Could you please read this
Acts 1:24-26
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:
that is one thing i allways thought because its so hard to understand, i would think that, but ive just read that part and it seems its unlikely they could of made up all of this

i do like reading things like that because its intresting to see the otherside of the storie,instead of saying no it cant be true, i think the disciples made it all up

i think that most people who dont belive jesus was around and rose from the dead just leave it at that without thinking any more and without reading such things as this http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/ ... idence.htm
Jezzer,

Of the 12 disciples (counting Paul as God's replacement for Judas) were you aware that 11 of them died Martyr's deaths?

Act 1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all [men], shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Act 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Act 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
kkey
Newbie Member

Post by kkey »

There was a book suggested earlier in the thread A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I highly recommend this for any non-Christian searching for the answer and it is also good for Christians to witness to others. Here is the description written on Amazons web site:
"Book Description
Using the dramatic scenario of an investigative journalist pursuing his story and leads, Lee Strobel uses his experience as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune to interview experts about the evidence for Christ from the fields of science, philosophy, and history. Winner of the Gold Medallion Book Award."

You can buy it on Amazon under the used section for about $5.00 or find it at your local used bookstore.

A good series of movies that really brought home the end times for me was the Left Behind movies based on the LeHaye/Jenkins books.

Another great source for those looking for the truth is http://wayofthemaster.com/

I hope this helps.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

bizzt wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:

Jezzer,

Bizzt,

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I'm aware of it. Very little known about this "apostle" and it's not uncommon to see that as a human effort to discern God's will, prior to Pentecost, and then see Paul as God's (remarkable!) choice.

I'll not argue it with any vehemence though.

I believe this apostle was martyred too, but I don't have a source on it to offer.

Thanks,

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

kkey wrote:There was a book suggested earlier in the thread A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I highly recommend this for any non-Christian searching for the answer and it is also good for Christians to witness to others. Here is the description written on Amazons web site:
"Book Description
Using the dramatic scenario of an investigative journalist pursuing his story and leads, Lee Strobel uses his experience as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune to interview experts about the evidence for Christ from the fields of science, philosophy, and history. Winner of the Gold Medallion Book Award."

You can buy it on Amazon under the used section for about $5.00 or find it at your local used bookstore.

A good series of movies that really brought home the end times for me was the Left Behind movies based on the LeHaye/Jenkins books.

Another great source for those looking for the truth is http://wayofthemaster.com/

I hope this helps.
kkey,

That is indeed a very strong book.

Welcome to the board by the way and thanks for your contribution.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

kkey wrote:A good series of movies that really brought home the end times for me was the Left Behind movies based on the LeHaye/Jenkins books.
Um, I believe that Left Behind should be left behind by eschatologists (sorry for the atrocious pun :lol:)... See When is the Rapture? by Harold Camping.
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)