A Colorful Bible

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Atticus Finch
Recognized Member
Christian: No

A Colorful Bible

Post by Atticus Finch »

Is there a Bible on the market which has its pages abounding in color at all?

I ask because I have four Bibles:

1) King James Version - black covers - plain paper - chapter marks - brief titles such as " The Temptation in the Wilderness" and such.

2) New Living Translation - deep red covers - plain paper - chapter marks - brief titles - lame modern language which lessens the impact of the words.

3) King James Version - paper back - no brief titles - tiny print - horrible to read.

4) New American Bible - red covers - plain paper- feels like reading a dictionary - too many sidenotes which are a distraction - lame language.

Now I long for a Bible in the King James Translation with colorful pages. Does this sound insane to everybody except myself?

When I read from the Bible I feel enveloped in a gentle and warm love. I feel a burgundy color while reading from the New Testament. I want to see vines draped along the margins, colors flowing into one another while a bold and black print stimulates my mind.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Does such a Bible exist? If so, please tell me and I will run out and buy one.

I feel that the Bible is too impersonal at times and feels too scholarly for some to read it and feel the warmth from the writings.
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

As far as I know, there are New Testament versions of the bible that have colorful visuals which include colored pictures and all sorts of artistic features. The problem is that they are shortened versions that are mostly meant for kids, not for serious bible study.
Atticus Finch
Recognized Member

Post by Atticus Finch »

godslanguage wrote:As far as I know, there are New Testament versions of the bible that have colorful visuals which include colored pictures and all sorts of artistic features. The problem is that they are shortened versions that are mostly meant for kids, not for serious bible study.
That's what I've noticed.

I was thinking more along the lines of a very suave and mature looking Bible. I see no reason for it to be in such a plain appearance. The subject matter is very colorful.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Atticus Finch wrote:
godslanguage wrote:As far as I know, there are New Testament versions of the bible that have colorful visuals which include colored pictures and all sorts of artistic features. The problem is that they are shortened versions that are mostly meant for kids, not for serious bible study.

I was thinking more along the lines of a very suave and mature looking Bible. I see no reason for it to be in such a plain appearance. The subject matter is very colorful.
I don't know of one right off the top of my head.

In terms of color, there are many types of study bible that use block background colors to coordinate and show the different types of passages, for example, yellow for prophecy, blue for narrative etc. That is helpful, (assuming the person coordinating the colors is right ;)

Maybe check some of the larger study bibles and see if something keaps out at you.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Post by Byblos »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Atticus Finch wrote:

In terms of color, there are many types of study bible that use block background colors to coordinate and show the different types of passages, for example, yellow for prophecy, blue for narrative etc. That is helpful, (assuming the person coordinating the colors is right ;)

Maybe check some of the larger study bibles and see if something keaps out at you.

Bart

This might be off-topic I'm not sure (great thing to say for a new mod, right?), but has anyone seen the Exodus documentary on the History channel yesterday (4:00 to 6:00 p.m.)? Simply amazing. I will contact the History channel to see if I can get a copy of it. It is the most comprehensive analysis of the exodus that it wasn't just some allegorical story. The historical and archeological proof is undeniable. I will try to search for a link and will post it later.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Byblos wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:
Atticus Finch wrote:

Bart

This might be off-topic I'm not sure (great thing to say for a new mod, right?), but has anyone seen the Exodus documentary on the History channel yesterday (4:00 to 6:00 p.m.)? Simply amazing. I will contact the History channel to see if I can get a copy of it. It is the most comprehensive analysis of the exodus that it wasn't just some allegorical story. The historical and archeological proof is undeniable. I will try to search for a link and will post it later.
OH GREAT BYBLOS

Do we have to move this? :wink: :lol:

Atticus I know what you are asking for a Bible with kind of like a Watermark or Wallpaper on each page. Like those fancy newsletters that go out ;)

I have not come across a Bible that prints that as of yet.
Last edited by bizzt on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.