Hell

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
madscientist
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: hell fire

Post by madscientist »

fondstatue wrote:the bible says hell fire but those dead now are NOT IN HEELL thay are dead and everlasting punishment no you dont burn forever thats the devils teaching how could god do that oit says in other psassages bbut forebver in hebews meand s burn everthing till consumed then fire goes out in hebrew word s have different meanings
Really? I ve always heard people are in hell forever - either forever in heaven or hell. There is nothing in between - once you are born, you will be in one place or another for ETERNITY - at lesat what all bible passages say. I dont know whjich but everywhere in christian teaching it is that hell is eternal. As you said words in hebrew have different meanings i don know aboiut that you may be right but that just confused me as hell! But if the soul is never "consumed" it may mean it is forever... Duno my opinion on it at least...
fondstatue
Newbie Member

hell suprise

Post by fondstatue »

god is good better than we think in bible says some passages and will burn foeever but is sodom still burnind today no people has missunderstiood bible when u die you dont go hell or heaven and u dont burn forever god is a loving god i studied bible and my church preaches the truth god loves you better than u think
madscientist
Valued Member

Re: hell suprise

Post by madscientist »

fondstatue wrote:god is good better than we think in bible says some passages and will burn foeever but is sodom still burnind today no people has missunderstiood bible when u die you dont go hell or heaven and u dont burn forever god is a loving god i studied bible and my church preaches the truth god loves you better than u think
OK... I know he does but it says explicitly - the bible that those who refuse God will have eternal punskihment in hell. How would you explain that? Bible lying? I am not going against you, just saying this is the 1st time i hear this. (From a person that believes in God). Everyone says Bible syas those who daont accept jesus deserve eternal punishment. Then why being a good person and believe in God? To have aeternal life!!
Or maybe I dont know - but it really shocked me coz i never heard it before... such theory.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

madscientist wrote:
fondstatue wrote:god is good better than we think in bible says some passages and will burn foeever but is sodom still burnind today no people has missunderstiood bible when u die you dont go hell or heaven and u dont burn forever god is a loving god i studied bible and my church preaches the truth god loves you better than u think
OK... I know he does but it says explicitly - the bible that those who refuse God will have eternal punskihment in hell. How would you explain that? Bible lying? I am not going against you, just saying this is the 1st time i hear this. (From a person that believes in God). Everyone says Bible syas those who daont accept jesus deserve eternal punishment. Then why being a good person and believe in God? To have aeternal life!!
Or maybe I dont know - but it really shocked me coz i never heard it before... such theory.
Hey Mad, I'm not sure, and I could be horribly wrong, but I think Fondstatue is talking about "Christian Universalism". You can go here on this board and read some thoughts on it by some of our illustrious board members. :) http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... php?t=1964

In short they believe that everybody is going to be saved at the end of time.

By they I mean Christian Universalists...not the members of this board... :oops:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Fond,

Just curious. What church or group are you a part of?

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Atticus Finch
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Atticus Finch »

Have any of you ever encountered a person who claims that they're not afraid of Hell if it does turn out to be real?

I speak with many atheists who live the "party life" who boldly claim that they would much rather be in Hell than Heaven if the two even exist. I am often speechless after such a claim. It's truly the case of a well hardened heart towards God.
madscientist
Valued Member

YA... thats sad

Post by madscientist »

Atticus Finch wrote:Have any of you ever encountered a person who claims that they're not afraid of Hell if it does turn out to be real?

I speak with many atheists who live the "party life" who boldly claim that they would much rather be in Hell than Heaven if the two even exist. I am often speechless after such a claim. It's truly the case of a well hardened heart towards God.
Absolutelu true. They just dont carew - or basically prefer hell because they can have aprties and all that. Or they are just so happy from all those parties etc and good life here that just dont want to imagine something nicer and better, which is heaven. SO they'd rather spend their life on earth like that and then go to hell. Simply dont wana give it up. Give up all thier life on earth? Never. ANd so thats probably how one puts himself directly to hell - "AH. whatewa this life on earth is good, and i dont want to give it up. As much as for God I dont care" and thoughts similar to this. Those people really need some help.
AF, did you refer to people who calim to be christians or just atheisys?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Atticus Finch wrote:Have any of you ever encountered a person who claims that they're not afraid of Hell if it does turn out to be real?

If they are so spiteful towards God for life and the moral atrocities in the world which God allows to go on (and likely hardships even in their own lives), then they would indeed probably prefer any place where God was not. Sadly, I see there are very good "rational" explanations for why bad things are allowed to happen, however, sometimes bitterness and resentment get the better of us. I just pray such people eventually soften and come to see God's loving side rather than the harsh God they perceive.

I believe everybody has an idea of what God is like, even Atheists (albeit in their case it would be what God "would" be like). If you get the chance, ask such a person to assume for a moment God existed, and then tell you what their conception of God is. I almost guarantee you their idea of "God" would be one of harshness and cruelty. Would we be willing to serve such a "God" if we thought the same?

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I've heard that too. I think much of it is scoffing, but even more is ignorance of what Hell is really like.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?