What Would You Have Asked Lazarus?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Don,

I think there's quite a bit more to it.

If Peter's confession is to be taken, then I'd encourage you or anyone else to look at Thomas' confession in John 20:28 "My Lord and My God," as equally revealing, particularly in view of the fact that Christ did not rebuke Thomas. There's much more of course as well to consider.

I respect that you have not come on the board seeking to challenge this concept and that it has taken time and many questions to ascertain it.

If you wish to persue it in another thread, or review similar threads here that deal with this cardinal and most important of issues, then I invite you to do so.

From my perspective, though, the issue of this thread while interesting and informative and valuable as far as it goes, is really a peripheral one compared to the importance of who Christ is. That truly is an issue with eternal impact and consequences regardless of how the context of an eternity without God would play out.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender