The Last Time Hell Is Mentioned In The Bible

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

FFC wrote:
Turgonian wrote:But because of the 'sin nature', we commit sins. God judges us not on the basis of our 'sin nature', but our actual sins.

However, let's get back to topic.
I think we still are on topic, what with the sin and hell talk. :wink:

As far as sins we commit sending us to hell and not our sin nature, I disagree. When God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil, because in the day that they did they would die, He was talking about spiritual death. The sins that we commit are just the manifestation of that condition, not the cause of our separation from God. No spiritually dead person can ever enter the kingdom of God.
The bible paints a symbolic picture of spiritual death as banishment from God, or separation from God, in Genesis 3:22-24.

The only way back to God is by an act of God Genesis 3:21 by which act leads to the tree of life Genesis 3:24, 1 Peter 2:24, and Revelation 2:7, Revelation 22:12-14, John 6:47-58 .

Such biblical symbolism conveys truth profound.

Sin, the physical and moral transgression of God's Laws, makes life ugly and robs us from finding our true God given purpose for our lives. Jesus came to give life and life abundant! Only way back to God is by an act of God. Great is the mystery
-
-
-
Turgonian
Christian: No

Post by Turgonian »

FFC wrote:As far as sins we commit sending us to hell and not our sin nature, I disagree. When God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil, because in the day that they did they would die, He was talking about spiritual death. The sins that we commit are just the manifestation of that condition, not the cause of our separation from God. No spiritually dead person can ever enter the kingdom of God.
Quite true. But one cannot be spiritually dead and NOT commit sins all his life. And God is shown to execute judgement when the sins of a particular people have grown too many, not when they're at their deadest spiritually. :wink:
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Turgonian wrote:
FFC wrote:As far as sins we commit sending us to hell and not our sin nature, I disagree. When God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil, because in the day that they did they would die, He was talking about spiritual death. The sins that we commit are just the manifestation of that condition, not the cause of our separation from God. No spiritually dead person can ever enter the kingdom of God.
Quite true. But one cannot be spiritually dead and NOT commit sins all his life. And God is shown to execute judgement when the sins of a particular people have grown too many, not when they're at their deadest spiritually. :wink:
I agree.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/ ... l_Text.htm

Has anyone read this or hear the guy speak? What are your thoughts?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

August wrote:http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/ ... l_Text.htm

Has anyone read this or hear the guy speak? What are your thoughts?
Judging by the picture it looks like he is still down there. I can tell by the bar stools. :lol: :twisted:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?