Where to buy books on animals?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
CharlieB
Acquainted Member

Where to buy books on animals?

Post by CharlieB »

I tried searching for this question and I apologize if it was answered already. I also hope this is the correct forum to ask it. My question is, “Where is a good place to buy books on animals without the evolution propaganda in them?” (Shouldn't they have warning labels if they are going to preach that? :) ) It is a shame they have to ruin an otherwise good book by putting that in there. My young daughter loves animals and it is very hard to find a decent book. The book doesn't have to be about creation per se just what is known about a particular animal.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
CharlieB
Acquainted Member

Post by CharlieB »

Humm, no replies :?: I guess everyone else has the same problem. Maybe someone has a great business opportunity to start a book company called "Animals: Just the Facts". Then publish them on each animal group: "Animals: Just the Facts: Snakes", etc.. I wish I had the business knowledge and funds to do this myself.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Charlie,

I'm sorry you didn't get a response to your original question.

I don't know specifically that there is anything out there like what you are asking. It is a difficult assignment to ask for "just the facts" without incorporating in the understandings of why those facts are what they are.

Even young earth creationist (and this is primarily an old earth creationist site) material is going to and in most cases does reference their beliefs as to origins because if you're going to give an answer as to why something is the way it is, then it begs the question as to how it came to be that way.

The irony is that when you follow a great deal of it to its logical conclusion, Young Earth Creationism in most of its forms leads to dependence upon evolution as a more highly accelerated process than is presented in most books.

If you find what you're looking for by all means follow-up and let us know here. Many might be interested.

Again, sorry we missed your question and welcome to the board.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

CharlieB wrote:Humm, no replies :?: I guess everyone else has the same problem. Maybe someone has a great business opportunity to start a book company called "Animals: Just the Facts". Then publish them on each animal group: "Animals: Just the Facts: Snakes", etc.. I wish I had the business knowledge and funds to do this myself.
Have you tried the National Audubon Society field guides?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

http://www.arn.org/realscience/realscience.html

Sorry I am late with an answer. Hope you still see it.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
JCSx2
Valued Member

Re: Where to buy books on animals?

Post by JCSx2 »

I have an excellent book from National Geographic. Try checking their website.

It tells all about the animals but nothing of evolution.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Where to buy books on animals?

Post by jenna »

Depending on what animal you are looking for, maybe a pet store? Or check your library?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them