MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Post by Silvertusk »

Hi Guys

Just in case i dont get a chance to log on again before christmas - I would just like to wish everyone on here a wonderful, safe and spirit filled Christmas. May you get all you wish for and more.

All the best and God Bless

Silvertusk
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Silvertusk wrote:Hi Guys

Just in case i dont get a chance to log on again before christmas - I would just like to wish everyone on here a wonderful, safe and spirit filled Christmas. May you get all you wish for and more.

Silvertusk
Merry Christmas to you!

Lets all make this world a better place a fulfill a few wishes ourselves.
:D
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Merry Christmas to you!

Just curious BGood... Why are you wishing someone a Merry Christmas? What does Christmas or Christ's birth mean to you?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:Merry Christmas to you!

Just curious BGood... Why are you wishing someone a Merry Christmas? What does Christmas or Christ's birth mean to you?
Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ who said the following.
Mathew 25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask you, if your enemy comes to love you, do you return the favor with suspicion?
The spirit of Jesus and his message does not always fall on deaf ears.

It seems as if you resent that I would wish someone a merry Christmas. Is this so?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Oh a fast reply... And what does this mean to you BGood? Words mean nothing if they are not in your heart..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

BGood

You have Catholic roots right?

Thanks
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Gman if you would like to discuss this with Bgood I would request you do this in another Thread. I would hate to take away the original Post to the thread in a Debate about one's belief on Christmas so back to the Original Topic
Hi Guys

Silvertusk
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bizzt wrote:BGood

Thanks

BGood? A Catholic? Oy Vey!

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. May the Lord be with you all on this joyous occasion and always.

Byblos.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Byblos wrote:

Thanks

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. May the Lord be with you all on this joyous occasion and always.

Byblos.
Ha ha ha... I was not sure if Bgood had that Background but it is quite Possible I am wrong :)

Merry Christmas to everyone. May you be Blessed!
Michelle
Recognized Member

Post by Michelle »

Silvertusk wrote:Hi Guys

Silvertusk

May you also have a very merry Christmas Silvertusk and likewise everyone else. Stay safe everyone and have a joyous new year!

May we also think of and pray for those who have to give up their Christmas meal with their loved ones. Remember to pray for the police keeping our roads safe, the doctors and nurses attending to the sick and injured, and other emergency service workers.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

bizzt wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Thanks

Byblos.
Ha ha ha... I was not sure if Bgood had that Background but it is quite Possible I am wrong :)

Merry Christmas to everyone. May you be Blessed!
I have a presbyterian background.
:)
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Ahhh...
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

Season's Greetings!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that the United States is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

http://www.mlaw.org/wwl/seasongreetings.html
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Same to you, sandy_mcd! :D

And a very Merry Christmas to everyone else as well!