A True Christian...

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

A True Christian...

Post by puritan lad »

A must see video. Make sure that you watch the whole thing until the end.

A True Christian
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: A True Christian...

Post by FFC »

puritan lad wrote:A must see video. Make sure that you watch the whole thing until the end.

A True Christian
All I can say is... WOW! I don't even know what to think about that.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

How many times did he say "follow the teachings of the Bible"? He presents a "true Christian" as a full time evangelist with only one concern on his mind--to reach the lost. And yes, we should have that concern, but Jesus said to preach "as you are going." I heard nothing of the Gospel of Grace in his presentation.

I didn't think much of it. The ending took me by surprise, but I guess he nailed the popular perception of what we are all about. Now, if we could get people past the popular perception and get them on to what Jesus said. John 6:47, anyone???

*shrug*
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Jac,

Don't forget Luke 14:26-28.

But I will agree that the main goal of a Christian isn't simply evangelism.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/