Christian Skepticism

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Christian Skepticism

Post by August »

Hi all,

Along with some friends, I am posting at a new apologetics blog called Christian Skepticism. It means that we stand skeptical of anything that is not explained in Christian terms.

Our latest effort seems to be attracting some atheist attention, so feel free to mosey on over and have a look. I expect some serious interaction from the most notorious internet atheists soon.

http://christianskepticism.blogspot.com/

God bless

John
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE! I seem to find all your blogs one way or another...WOO HOO!

PS I'M ALIVE Y'ALL!!
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE! I seem to find all your blogs one way or another...WOO HOO!

PS I'M ALIVE Y'ALL!!
Good grief... Where have you been Kmart? Glad to see you back in the saddle here again... :wink:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE! I seem to find all your blogs one way or another...WOO HOO!

PS I'M ALIVE Y'ALL!!
Good to see you back KMart. Hope all is well.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

August, write and publish a book!!! k
"Is it possible that God is not just an Engineer, but also a divine Artist who creates at times solely for His enjoyment? Maybe the Creator really does like beetles." RTB
Everlasting
Newbie Member

Science, Faith and Man and the Bible

Post by Everlasting »

The following scriptures commit God's understanding to Timothy:

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

1 Tim 4:6, 4-8-9

If thou put the brethren in rememberence of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourshing up the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

While pondering the question of the universe, man's existence, technology, global warming, and development; I took the Faith vs. Science road. Along my journey I understood: They are one in the same. As we try and fail to keep up with the universe, we are reminded that the creator is infinate.

How do we try to keep up with the creator? : Science.

Man has made great strides in attempting to match God's will and keep up with the universe.

Then what is taking the next step? Utilizing existing technology and expanding infrastructure.

What do you do if you have five months of existence left on earth? Will you be ready to defend your planet from an apocalyptic disaster? Those are the questions of the future. Which deems the final question: Who will have the last word Man or the Universe? And if man has the answers, isn't that what God always wanted for man from the beginning, and in the future?

Everlasting
New Inspirational/Spiritual Science Fiction Novel
Moon Over Key Biscayne
http://www.booksandmore.4t.com
:wink:
phoney
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Re: Science, Faith and Man and the Bible

Post by phoney »

[quote="Everlasting"]The following scriptures commit God's understanding to Timothy:

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

1 Tim 4:6, 4-8-9

If thou put the brethren in rememberence of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourshing up the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

While pondering the question of the universe, man's existence, technology, global warming, and development; I took the Faith vs. Science road. Along my journey I understood: They are one in the same. As we try and fail to keep up with the universe, we are reminded that the creator is infinate.

How do we try to keep up with the creator? : Science.
check out ecc 3:11 and ecc11:5 for science sake.