How can we escape the Heat Death or the Big Crunch?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Cobolev
Newbie Member
Christian: No

How can we escape the Heat Death or the Big Crunch?

Post by Cobolev »

Cosmology told us that the world is going to end in heat death because of the increasing of entropy or in big crunch. Although it is not 100 percent certain, it's quite reasonable. So, my quesion is how we can escape the end of the universe if without the saving of God. If the end of universe is also the end of human being or other intelligent beings( what ever they are), there will be no beautiful feelings or arts or musics ........
what a tragedy it will be!
Last edited by Cobolev on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: How can we escape the Heat Death or the Big Cruch?

Post by bizzt »

Cobolev wrote:Cosmology told us that the world is going to end in heat death because of the increasing of entropy or in big cruch. Although it is not 100 percent certain, it's quite reasonable. So, my quesion is how we can escape the end of the universe if without the saving of God. If the end of universe is also the end of human being or other intelligent beings( what ever they are), there will be no beautiful feelings or arts or musics ........
what a tragedy it will be!
I will probably dead on this earth and in glory with God. So that is of no concern. God Said that he will create a New Heavens and Earth. I have no worries! What about you though do you know the Messiah as your Saviour?
acrossandasong
Newbie Member

Post by acrossandasong »

wow chicken little, i think that we dont have to worry about a big crunch, what we have to worry about is being left behind and having to experience that death heat when God distroyes the earth with fire. be concerned with your soul and where your heart is at and leave the end of the world to those of the world
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

It's not death heat, it's heat death, where the expansion of the universe and entropy reduce the average temperature of the universe to close to 0 degrees kelvin(absolute zero).
:D

Physical beings cannot escape this fate, are you a purely physical being?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Preach it BGood :wink:
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Cobolev
Newbie Member

Post by Cobolev »

bizzt wrote:I will probably dead on this earth and in glory with God. So that is of no concern. God Said that he will create a New Heavens and Earth. I have no worries! What about you though do you know the Messiah as your Saviour?
If there is God, no problem, I will be very calm facing the end of universe. In fact, I am still curious about the existence of God. U see, that is my problem. I want to solve the problem of excaping through a way of pure physics. Could I expect such a way ?
FFC
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Cobolev wrote:
bizzt wrote:I will probably dead on this earth and in glory with God. So that is of no concern. God Said that he will create a New Heavens and Earth. I have no worries! What about you though do you know the Messiah as your Saviour?
If there is God, no problem, I will be very calm facing the end of universe. In fact, I am still curious about the existence of God. U see, that is my problem. I want to solve the problem of excaping through a way of pure physics. Could I expect such a way ?
If God is truly Lord over all of His creation and holds all things together, including physics, then you would still have to go through Him. When all is erased and there is nothing left to work with it will only be us and God. Where you go from there depends on the decision you make now.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

FFC wrote:
Cobolev wrote:
If God is truly Lord over all of His creation and holds all things together, including physics, then you would still have to go through Him. When all is erased and there is nothing left to work with it will only be us and God. Where you go from there depends on the decision you make now.
Totally Agree!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Cobolev wrote:
No.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cobolev
Newbie Member

Post by Cobolev »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Cobolev wrote: If there is God, no problem, I will be very calm facing the end of universe. In fact, I am still curious about the existence of God. U see, that is my problem. I want to solve the problem of excaping through a way of pure physics. Could I expect such a way ?
No.
Did u read the book "Physics of immortality" by Frank Tipler? There u can find some suggested ways of pure physics to achieve immortality. But, in my point of view,those are not guaranteed.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Cobolev wrote:Did u read the book "Physics of immortality" by Frank Tipler? There u can find some suggested ways of pure physics to achieve immortality. But, in my point of view,those are not guaranteed.
I hate to break the news to you Cobolev, but God already did that for you... And it IS guaranteed... :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Cobolev
Newbie Member

Post by Cobolev »

Thanks a lot for ur good news :) .These days I was keep thinking about the ways that could help us overcome the end of the universe and civilizaion. There are many ways of sicence, but not guaranteed, in my point of view. So, I came to an idea that maybe our salvation is not a problem of sicence but of theology. Only belief in a highpower which is different of science could guarantee the immortility of our great civilization .That Highpower should be an incarnation of truth ,love ,and goodness. Through this way of thinking, I thought I came to realize the existence of God. Did anybody ever think such problems like me? :)
FFC
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Cobolev wrote: So, I came to an idea that maybe our salvation is not a problem of sicence but of theology. Only belief in a highpower which is different of science could guarantee the immortility of our great civilization .That Highpower should be an incarnation of truth ,love ,and goodness. Through this way of thinking, I thought I came to realize the existence of God. Did anybody ever think such problems like me? :)
Actually, Cobolev, I don't think these are problems at all. You seem to be trying to dance around something that is right in front of your eyes. The incarnation of God is truth, love and goodness and much more... and His name is Jesus. Do you understand that God sent Him to die on the cross for you so that if you believe in Him you could live forever and not go to hell?

I see no better solution to the end of the world scenario than that, do you? because if you believe and God gives you everlasting life, the end of the world will be of no importance to you, you will be with God in paradise.
Cobolev
Newbie Member

Post by Cobolev »

FFC wrote: I see no better solution to the end of the world scenario than that, do you? because if you believe and God gives you everlasting life, the end of the world will be of no importance to you, you will be with God in paradise.
I admit that is not a problem to those in God as u said. But as to me ,it is really a big problem,since I accept my education in a country(PRC) of atheism.When I found such a problem, I tried to slove it in knowledge background of atheism. For u, I think , the existence of God is quite natural,but the things are not the same to me. So, in order to slove the problem through God, I have to persuade myself that the God exists truely. Fortunately, I began to realize the existence of God is reasonable.
krynn9000
Familiar Member

Post by krynn9000 »

Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while sorry. Cobolev, I was very interested in your comment about living in the PRC. How is it a country of atheism? I have heard of Christianity being banned there, it is true? Sorry off topic. Anyway yes, the best part of life is that this universe, though immense and spanning many years, is still temporary. Jesus gives us the pathway to eternal life with God. Awesome!