Cain and Abel

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
phoney
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Cain and Abel

Post by phoney »

I would like to ask if Cain and Abel were twins? I have heard two different
versions. When I read Gen 4:1 and 4:2 I can not be sure. Thanks
phoney
Recognized Member

Re: Cain and Abel

Post by phoney »

phoney wrote:I would like to ask if Cain and Abel were twins? I have heard two different
versions. When I read Gen 4:1 and 4:2 I can not be sure. Thanks
I guess this does not meet the standard of a quality question. I thought,
like me, if people are taught they were twins and other people are taught
they are not twins then both can not be right so I was curious but it must not matter what one thinks about this subject cause no one will give me and answer. Sorry.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Sorry been having problems with the Server lately and I never seen the question...

It does not specifically mention in the Bible that they were Twins

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Gen 4:2 And she again bore his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

We however know that Cain was born first.
phoney
Recognized Member

Post by phoney »

bizzt wrote:Sorry been having problems with the Server lately and I never seen the question...

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Gen 4:2 And she again bore his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

bizzt, sorry did not know server as acting up I thought I may haved asked a dumb question that no one was willing to answer. I have heard
preached they were twins so I wanted to know more.Thanks for responding.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

phoney wrote:
bizzt wrote:Sorry been having problems with the Server lately and I never seen the question...

bizzt, sorry did not know server as acting up I thought I may haved asked a dumb question that no one was willing to answer. I have heard
preached they were twins so I wanted to know more.Thanks for responding.
Yeah when you login it makes all the posts come up already read :(. Anyways If one is preaching this they are not taking it from what it says in the Bible. It is a thought that really has no proof behind it.