Cool gadget

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Cool gadget

Post by Judah »

At another Christian Forum I discovered a really cool free gadget that, once installed, will bring up the actual Scripture that is referenced when you pass your cursor over the reference.

Go to http://www.instaverse.com/?g=7000 to find out more.

I have installed this myself and it works very well. Sometimes it is a bit over enthusiastic and will try to throw Scripture at you when you point to numbers that are not Bible references, but I find that a small price to pay for something that I do find to be really useful otherwise.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Cool gadget

Post by FFC »

Judah wrote:At another Christian Forum I discovered a really cool free gadget that, once installed, will bring up the actual Scripture that is referenced when you pass your cursor over the reference.

I have installed this myself and it works very well. Sometimes it is a bit over enthusiastic and will try to throw Scripture at you when you point to numbers that are not Bible references, but I find that a small price to pay for something that I do find to be really useful otherwise.
Thank you, Judah. I love gadgets!
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
phoney
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Re: Cool gadget

Post by phoney »

Judah wrote:At another Christian Forum I discovered a really cool free gadget that, once installed, will bring up the actual Scripture that is referenced when you pass your cursor over the reference.

Judah, I dwnloaded the software and it is neat, even in here on the forum
if someone has typed a verse in the title or subject area if you run the cursor over it ,it shows the actual verse, really cool.thanks
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

I am finding it doesn't exercise any discernment though. :lol:
You point your cursor at the time or the date or some other non-Biblical numbers arranged with a colon between them and it tends to leap into action with a piece of Scripture for you! :shock:
But otherwise, I do find it pretty helpful.
I purchased the NIV add-on because that is my favourite version.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Judah wrote:
You point your cursor at the time or the date or some other non-Biblical numbers arranged with a colon between them and it tends to leap into action with a piece of Scripture for you! :shock:
Are you saying this is a bad thing :wink: :shock: :lol:
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Not necessarily. Not if you like lots of verses popping up all over the place.
But it can get frustrating when the pop-up keeps obscuring your view of what you are trying to do, and stops you doing it by not going away until you have clicked it first. It is very attentiopn-seeking. One learns the need to be cursor-sneaky, creeping up from elsewhere and clicking fast before the program realizes you've moved. :D
phoney
Recognized Member

Post by phoney »

Judah wrote:Not necessarily. Not if you like lots of verses popping up all over the place.
But it can get frustrating when the pop-up keeps obscuring your view of what you are trying to do, and stops you doing it by not going away until you have clicked it first. It is very attentiopn-seeking. One learns the need to be cursor-sneaky, creeping up from elsewhere and clicking fast before the program realizes you've moved. :D
I have found undr options you can adjust the time the mouse can stay
on something before it pops up, some help