Board problems

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Forum Monk
Established Member
Christian: No

Board problems

Post by Forum Monk »

Is it me or is there some problem with profile part of this board. It originally took me two days to register since every attempt was met with a "Page can not be displayed" error. Since joining, I have also been unable to update my profile or upload an avatar without the same result.

I'll keep trying and maybe find that little window of opportunity when the server will accept my efforts.

(Seems like the spammers have no problems, though.) :evil:
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Board problems

Post by Gman »

Forum Monk wrote:Is it me or is there some problem with profile part of this board. It originally took me two days to register since every attempt was met with a "Page can not be displayed" error. Since joining, I have also been unable to update my profile or upload an avatar without the same result.

I'll keep trying and maybe find that little window of opportunity when the server will accept my efforts.

(Seems like the spammers have no problems, though.) :evil:
We have been having a problem with spambots which usually hang up the server for awhile when we have an attack. Our web site was virtually wiped out a few weeks ago by these attacks..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Forum Monk
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Forum Monk »

I know its a problem for most boards, GMan and in particular, certain phpbb boards seem especially vulnerable, maybe because the slugs that do these deeds concentrate on the most popular hosting services.

I hope you guys find a solution. It will make the forum a much better experience if you do.
:wink:
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Forum Monk wrote:I know its a problem for most boards, GMan and in particular, certain phpbb boards seem especially vulnerable, maybe because the slugs that do these deeds concentrate on the most popular hosting services.

I hope you guys find a solution. It will make the forum a much better experience if you do.
:wink:
Amen to that. :wink:
Rich
Honored Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Board problems

Post by Rich »

Forum Monk wrote:Since joining, I have also been unable to update my profile or upload an avatar without the same result.
Avatar size must be 10 kb or less. That could be the problem.