What's it like?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.

Better Single or Married?

Single
No votes
Married
38%
Don't know, only been one
63%

Total votes: 8

zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

andyredeemed wrote:ROFL ahh MacGyver! oh Lordy, I forgot all about that. A poor mans A-Team. Now Face, there was a mans man. :lol:
I love it when a plan comes together :D
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

Boy did this thread degenerate rapidly. :wink:
I think the twenty-two year olds are with the sixteen year olds: What's a macgyver?
andyredeemed
Recognized Member

Post by andyredeemed »

Well Macguyver and the A-team where all single, as far as I can remember, so there may be some relevance...
I was challenged once to give a gospel talk based on a randomly selected item someone in my training group had found about the house. I was given a broken watering can. Perhaps someone would like to draw a spiritual principal about marriage/singleness from MacGuyver? Come on folks, your all brainy!
God is good
Enigma7457
Valued Member

Post by Enigma7457 »

Well...From what you say, Macgyver was single, and i've never heard of him, and his tv show is no longer shown...Single must not be all that great... :wink:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

andyredeemed wrote:Well Macguyver and the A-team where all single, as far as I can remember, so there may be some relevance...
I was challenged once to give a gospel talk based on a randomly selected item someone in my training group had found about the house. I was given a broken watering can. Perhaps someone would like to draw a spiritual principal about marriage/singleness from MacGuyver? Come on folks, your all brainy!
Macgyver was so cool that he was constantly called to save the world fromthe bad guys....who has the time to date?

Well, the A-team....unfortunately they were on the run AND emotionally crippled....

...still searching for that spiritual connection.... :D
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Actually,

If I could address your original question.... :D

Enigma, each of us has a path that God has set for us, for some of us he has called us to be single, maybe for life, maybe not, others He called to marriage, at whatever age.

He has blessed you with your relationship with your wife. Cherish each other. What you may be envying is really not worth envying

Whatever trial God calls us for, we are always called to praise Him during it. We ask for the "peace that transcends all understanding", a hard task but well worth it....

God blesses those in marriage and singleness
Enigma7457
Valued Member

Post by Enigma7457 »

I didn't mean to say i was envious of my single friends. I enjoy married life, i doubt i would be able to survive on my own. The house would burn down, I don't know how to cook, i don't know how to do laundry (wow, i just made my wife sound really bad, didn't i :? DOn't worry, i do the dishes)

Point is, i'd be lost alone and i know that. Just really wanted some opinions.

PS-My wife is aware of this forum. It actually began with a conversation amongst the two of us where we both realized we were 'stuck' with each otehr (in a good way, i like being stuck :D ).

PPS- :mrgreen:
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male

Post by Gman »

No one has ever asked me what it is like... Do you want me to tell you what's it like?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

yea!

Macgyver/Richard Dean Anderson! :D

(cooler in stargate, though, imho)

Tell us, do!!
Enigma7457
Valued Member

Post by Enigma7457 »

That's MacGyver? Wow...no wonder he's single 8)
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

MacGyver is single because he wants to be. If he wanted a wife, he could build one using an extension cord and two pieces of plywood. :D
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Swamper wrote:MacGyver is single because he wants to be. If he wanted a wife, he could build one using an extension cord and two pieces of plywood. :D
:lol: :lol:

YOu had to be in the eighties to appreciate the hair, although the shaggy look IS back :D
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:Tell us, do!!

Well, I'd like to tell you but as you can see, the cops have other plans for my life... Sheeeze.. No respect...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Goodness, what is that with respect to?