Speaking In Tounges

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Speaking In Tounges

Post by Believer »

I have noticed within myself that I am able to speak in Tounges. I don't know for sure if I am speaking in Tounges but I might be. Are there any resources on the internet, like any specific website, that can explain what is real speaking in Tounges and what isn't real? I have heared it is a dead language, but is there anything on this that says it isn't? Also, how can you tell it is Tounges and not speaking jibberish? Does the person speaking in Tounges know what they are saying or only God? Can you receive spiritual gifts but not have the spirit of salvation?
The edge
Established Member

Post by The edge »

http://www.biblebb.com/

The above site contain quite a number of topics, one of which deal with your questions.
However, I do recommend that you look for other resources that present "the other point of view".
phoney
Recognized Member

Re: Speaking In Tounges

Post by phoney »

Believer wrote:I have noticed within myself that I am able to speak in Tounges. I don't know for sure if I am speaking in Tounges but I might be. Are there any resources on the internet, like any specific website, that can explain what is real speaking in Tounges and what isn't real? I have heared it is a dead language, but is there anything on this that says it isn't? Also, how can you tell it is Tounges and not speaking jibberish? Does the person speaking in Tounges know what they are saying or only God? Can you receive spiritual gifts but not have the spirit of salvation?
ACTS 2:3-4 JAMES 3:8 MARK 16:17 PROV 17:4
ECC 5:6 JAMES 1:26 1 PET 3:10 PROV 26:28
1 COR 14:2-4&13-28 JOB 5:21 PROV 18:21 PSALMS 5:9
1 CORIN 12:10 & 28 JOB 6:24 & 30 PROV 12:19 REV 10:11
ISA 3:8 1 JOHN 3:18 PROV 21:23 REV 16:10
MATT 12:36
Banky
Familiar Member

Re: Speaking In Tounges

Post by Banky »

What exactly is "the other point of view" and why should one avoid it?