The Future of Religion?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Looking for the Truth
Familiar Member

The Future of Religion?

Post by Looking for the Truth »

The objective of this thread is to discuss the future of religion in general. Will atheists grow in number? Will Islam replace Christianity as the world's largest "religion"?

I think that Islam may become world's largest religion ( with people being oppressed to belive in it, plus high birth rate at Muslim countries). I also think that deism will grow in number if gets "preached". The number of atheists will remain the same, I think.

What do you think? What will happen to religion?
TheFlyingChristian
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Future of Religion?

Post by TheFlyingChristian »

Do you believe the Apocalypse being fulfilled at this time ? If yes, Jesus Christ's return is pretty near. With that on the doors and the growing evidence for christianity, miracles, prophecies many persons will and are converting every year to christianity. I think since muslims are pretty getting away from their religion (i personally know many) because of their traditions. I think the biggest faith will be christianity. Atheist will be proven wrong eventually, because so many proofs of the touch of God all around us and for many other reasons. The number of atheist turning deists will grow with time because of the massive evidence of a creator.

You forgot to mention buddhism and hinduism they are also growing.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I know the future...God wins. 8)
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Looking for the Truth
Familiar Member

Post by Looking for the Truth »

TheFlyingChristian wrote:Do you believe the Apocalypse being fulfilled at this time ? If yes, Jesus Christ's return is pretty near. With that on the doors and the growing evidence for christianity, miracles, prophecies many persons will and are converting every year to christianity. I think since muslims are pretty getting away from their religion (i personally know many) because of their traditions. I think the biggest faith will be christianity. Atheist will be proven wrong eventually, because so many proofs of the touch of God all around us and for many other reasons. The number of atheist turning deists will grow with time because of the massive evidence of a creator.

You forgot to mention buddhism and hinduism they are also growing.
I do not know if the Apocalypse will be fulfilled while Im alive, but I do not think too much about it. Christianity is on the rise in certain places of Earth, but not in all of them (I think). If the truth about Islam was preached in the West, it would pretty much end. Don't get me wrong I dont think the biggest faith will be Christianity. Of course it will be among the top faiths, but I dont think it will be #1 for much longer ( I could be wrong). About atheism, I DO belive it is a rational position, the smart atheists raise good questions, etc.. but as you said the evidence for some kind of God is growing. I personally consider buddhism philosophy rather than a religion, but I guess Hinduism grows because of A) People looking for alternate religions B) High birth rates at India and nearby countries.
I know the future...God wins. 8)
Correct.
Intresting
Newbie Member

Post by Intresting »

The number of atheist turning deists will grow with time because of the massive evidence of a creator.

Care to elaborate on some of the massive amount of evidence?

I personally believe one can never truly prove or disprove any god. So religion will stay at about the same percentage perhaps with a little fluctuation but nothing drastic or anything all rising as the world population increases.