The End Times

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
VanGogh
Newbie Member

The End Times

Post by VanGogh »

My husband who has gone to bible college in the deep south and has grown up around christians all his life has this belief. My "reason" says it just doesn't sound right.
-I've seen some other posts about this subject
The microchip thing. That in the end times the goverment will want to implant microchips in our arms and THAT is the "mark of the beast".
1.Does the Bible say anything about the holocost?
2.The Jews were forced to get tattoos on there arms numbering them. Couldn't that be considered the "mark of the beast"?
Imagine that situation. If christians were put in that same place. Get a tattoo/chip or die or be tortured. Would God really consider that a sin?
We are all already numbered every day. In many ways.
I don't see having a computer chip in your arm being that big of a difference.(not that I would want a chip implanted and would do whatever it took to prevent that)
I find the whole thing a bunch of hoopla.
What is the general feeling about this? :shock:
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The End Times

Post by Gman »

VanGogh wrote:My husband who has gone to bible college in the deep south and has grown up around christians all his life has this belief. My "reason" says it just doesn't sound right.
-I've seen some other posts about this subject
The microchip thing. That in the end times the goverment will want to implant microchips in our arms and THAT is the "mark of the beast".
1.Does the Bible say anything about the holocost?
2.The Jews were forced to get tattoos on there arms numbering them. Couldn't that be considered the "mark of the beast"?
Imagine that situation. If christians were put in that same place. Get a tattoo/chip or die or be tortured. Would God really consider that a sin?
We are all already numbered every day. In many ways.
I don't see having a computer chip in your arm being that big of a difference.(not that I would want a chip implanted and would do whatever it took to prevent that)
I find the whole thing a bunch of hoopla.
What is the general feeling about this? :shock:
Personally, and speaking as a Christian, I find many of these accusations bunk as well... There are many things in the book of revelation that are symbolic in nature and are not to be taken as literal meanings.. Of course there are some that do and make preposterous assumptions from the Bible.. To each his own I guess..

I will admit one thing though... If someone tells me to put a chip in my arm, I would reject it anyway on the grounds of my independence...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

I don't think that a chip would be the mark of the beast. Of course, I agree with Gman that I still wouldn't get one, because mark or not, I'm rather leery about that kind of thing.
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

If this were true, I guess that getting this microchip is the second "unpardonable sin".
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

No one knows what exactly the mark of the beast is. In fact, there is good textual evidence that the mark has nothing to do with the number 666 at all. In the end, there is no reason to speculate on HOW this will be fulfilled. All we know for sure is this:

1. The "number of the man" will be 666.
2. He will impose a "mark" to be taken on the forehead or right hand of all people if they want to do business in his empire.

Again, speculation about what the number 666 means has a little value, but speculation of what the mark is has even less. Is it a chip? I doubt it, but I don't know.

What we can say about the mark relates to its theological significance. It represents a pledge of loyalty to the beast. Because of that pledge of loyalty, the people who take this mark have decided for themselves that the will fight against God. There are His enemies by their own choice. Therefore, their fate is sealed. Beyond that, there is little to say on the subject.

Hope that helps.

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

There's one thing I'm worried about - how will we know who the beast is and what his mark is?

I just read the theory of the chip and thought: "Oh no, if that happened I'd probably take it without even realising I'm sinning!" And it would be bye-bye salvation and hello hell. :shock: Will the holy spirit inside us warn us of the beast or something?
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Harry12345 wrote:There's one thing I'm worried about - how will we know who the beast is and what his mark is?

I just read the theory of the chip and thought: "Oh no, if that happened I'd probably take it without even realising I'm sinning!" And it would be bye-bye salvation and hello hell. :shock: Will the holy spirit inside us warn us of the beast or something?
Frankly, much of the popular "theology" on microchips and the beast etc is more an effort to try and take Biblical Prophecy and show how it "might" apply to today, assuming we are in the end times.

Sadly, to my opinion anyway, more people seem to be building their theology in this regard on the Left Behind Series or Hal Lindsay's late great planet earth and will no doubt be building it in the future, should Christ tarry in his return, on whatever the next popular book or series is that will arise out of whatever world political events yet to take place.

I think there is value in looking to the Scriptures and speculating to some extent as to how things may happen and their timing and sequence. We should be very careful I think though in imagining that that speculation is in itself inspired or worth worrying ourselves over.

The older I get however, the more I think, there's more value in simply living each day as if it could be the day Christ returns and not getting too worried about things outside of my control or influence.

I believe the mark of the beast will be more about what God sees on the inside of us in terms of our allegiance either to Him or to this world and its system, than it will be a tattoo, a microchip or whatever the next fad is as to what this obscure scripture reference "may" be.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

Harry12345 wrote:There's one thing I'm worried about - how will we know who the beast is and what his mark is?

Oh yeah, I forgot. We will be raptured by then won't we?
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

Harry12345 wrote:

Depends who you talk to. ;)
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

FFC wrote:
Harry12345 wrote:

Depends who you talk to. ;)
Yeah. :D
ImageI generally look to Rich Deem and his apologetics if I want any questions like that answered. He usually makes the most sense!
FFC

Post by FFC »

Harry wrote:Yeah. :D
ImageI generally look to Rich Deem and his apologetics if I want any questions like that answered. He usually makes the most sense!
This is true, and besides even if none of us are spot on with our views on the end times, it's not a big deal. The most important thing is to allow God to work through us right here and now and to occupy our time being good and faithful servants for Him until He comes again...whenever that will be. Just be ready. (Oh my, did I hear big dusty reference books being thrown down in anger all over Christendom?) :lol:

Eschatology is a very interesting thing to study, and even fun at times, but it's nothing to get our blood pressure up about.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

FFC wrote:(Oh my, did I hear big dusty reference books being thrown down in anger all over Christendom?)
No, not all over Christendom. That was just me throwing out my library. :shock: :lol: ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Jac3510 wrote:
FFC wrote:(Oh my, did I hear big dusty reference books being thrown down in anger all over Christendom?)
No, not all over Christendom. That was just me throwing out my library. :shock: :lol: ;)
:lol: :lol:

VanGogh
Newbie Member

Post by VanGogh »

Thanks for your comments...very encouraging(did I spell the right?)
I've been doing some digging. Just stumbled across this stuff actually. About Masons and the Iluminati.
That they have some master plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! and one world goverment...computer chips in the arm...the whole shabang. Freedomfromfascism.com this guy will tell you about it.
Well. This is what I always say....The world ends every day...(People die every day right?)
take care
Denny
Acquainted Member

Post by Denny »

Does it not say in the Bible that the End Times would come before the death of the reader? In other words, the End Times was suppose to happen duirng the lifetime of the authors of the Bible. Did it happen and the people left on Earth are actually in hell?