The End has come and gone.

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Denny
Acquainted Member

The End has come and gone.

Post by Denny »

In the Bible (Revelations) it says that Jesus will come back before the lives of the reader has expired. If that is so, then we are in hell and are paying the price that Jesus said we would: the sins of the fathers are put on the children of generations to come. So, did God abondon us? Has he left us and we will just die off as a species?
JCSx2
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The End has come and gone.

Post by JCSx2 »

The End has not come and gone.

There are several things that must happen before the second coming of Christ.

The Ark of the Covenant will be found

The 3rd Temple will be built

There will be ONE Ruler for the Middle East countries.

There will be PEACE in the Middle East for 3 1/2 years (then after 3 1/2 years there will be the great Tribulation)

That is to just name a few prophecies covered in the Bible; there are more.

None of them has happened yet.

I am keeping an eye on True Peace in the Middle East. When that happens we are on the countdown to the second coming.

It was predicted long ago that the Jews would have their own land once again, and before 1943 no one thought that possible.

All prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled have been fulfilled as the scripture said.

So keep an eye out for the End Time Prophecies.

Do not read in to it your own interpretation; the Bible spells it out for us.

As for what you quoted, I will need to go back and reread the Scripture where it is written. For at face value (from your quote) it may seem contradictory, but if read correctly I am sure it is not.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Denny
Acquainted Member

Post by Denny »

Thanks for the help. I still don't understand why the Bible says that the people of "THAT" generation would see the End Times. I do agree that not all the Prophecies have come true yet. I guess it is an issue of timing. GOD created space and time just for us and his "day" may very well be thousands of our days, just don't know. That is where the faith part comes in i guess.
Thanks again.
D.
Denny
Acquainted Member

No one can answer this question

Post by Denny »

Why did Jesus say that the END TIMES would be before the death of the reader? He said that he would come back before his disciples died.
This has a real big impact on the whole game.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: No one can answer this question

Post by B. W. »

Denny wrote:Why did Jesus say that the END TIMES would be before the death of the reader? He said that he would come back before his disciples died. This has a real big impact on the whole game.
Forgive me — but what verse are you referring too from Revelations?

There is an answer to your inquiry but we need to know what verse you are specifically referring too to answer.

Remember that the Apostles are part of the host in heaven that the book Revelations mentions and this host is aware of what is happening on earth. Also note:

In John 11:26 Jesus said; “and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" ESV

But what verse are you specifically referring too?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
JCSx2
Valued Member

Re: No one can answer this question

Post by JCSx2 »

But what verse are you specifically referring too?

Ditto, could you list the chapter and verse please?
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Denny
Acquainted Member

Post by Denny »

KJV 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
I am hoping that I read this wrong and it does not apply to Revelations or the end times.
Thanks,
Denny
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Denny wrote:KJV 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. I am hoping that I read this wrong and it does not apply to Revelations or the end times.
Thanks, Denny
Mark 13:30, "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

This is from Mark's Gospel. You should read this to mean that the people alive at that particular prophetic time will experience what Jesus is saying as he is directly referring to them and not those standing there. You can also reason that every one in heaven will witness the events of Revelations happening when they do and thus those standing there would see this from a heavenly vantage point without contradiction.

Mark 13:30, "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done." KJV

Mark 13:31, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away
.” ESV

Note:

Revelations 21:1-5, "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 and I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." 5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." ESV

Now read the rest of Mark and you may get the point…

Mark 13:32-37, "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. 34 It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. 35 Therefore stay awake--for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning-- 36 lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. 37 And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake."

Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven and left his servant in charge and each with his/her own work to do for him. When he returns — be awake and not asleep.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
justme
Newbie Member

Post by justme »

JCSx2 wrote:The End has not come and gone.

There will be PEACE in the Middle East for 3 1/2 years (then after 3 1/2 years there will be the great Tribulation)

While I agree that all these things probably will happen, why do you say that the ark of the covenant has to be found? Someone seems to have found it in Rev 19:11
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Rev. 19:11. "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war". sorry, I don't see any reference to the ark of the covenent here... :?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

justme wrote:
JCSx2 wrote:The End has not come and gone.

While I agree that all these things probably will happen, why do you say that the ark of the covenant has to be found? Someone seems to have found it in Rev 19:11
The Ark was lost when the Temple was destroyed the last time. It will need to be found because it is a key element in the in operation of the Temple.

We will need a Temple built for this to be placed in etc.

When it is found that in its self will be a HUGE news Item that will be in international news all over the place.

While it is not an exact timekeeper in telling when Jesus will be arriving for the Second coming it will be a Great eye opener for those waiting for the Glorious event. And hopefully an eye opener for those who are still not believers, hopefully they have a change of heart and make it in the Family of Christ.

Hope this answers your question

jim
justme
Newbie Member

Post by justme »

jenwat3 wrote:Rev. 19:11. "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war". sorry, I don't see any reference to the ark of the covenent here... :?
Re 11:19 - And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
justme
Newbie Member

Post by justme »

JCSx2 wrote:
The Ark was lost when the Temple was destroyed the last time. It will need to be found because it is a key element in the in operation of the Temple.
By last time, you must mean in 70AD. If it was there at all, it had to be in the holy of holies. Behind the veil. That veil was ripped right down the middle at the moment of Jesus' death. The next time we see it in the bible it is safe in heaven. There is no reason to assume that God never took it long before the temple was destroyed.

When it is found that in its self will be a HUGE news Item that will be in international news all over the place.
It will never be found, if it is in heaven. There are stories of a replica ark having been made, and it would have to be this that will be 'found'.
While it is not an exact timekeeper in telling when Jesus will be arriving for the Second coming it will be a Great eye opener for those waiting for the Glorious event. And hopefully an eye opener for those who are still not believers, hopefully they have a change of heart and make it in the Family of Christ.

jim
Long as they don't think it is the real ark, that is all well and good.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

justme wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:Rev. 19:11. "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war". sorry, I don't see any reference to the ark of the covenent here... :?
Re 11:19 - And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
jen wrote: oh, ok! So the verse you gave me was backwards :lol:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

justme wrote:
JCSx2 wrote:
By last time, you must mean in 70AD. If it was there at all, it had to be in the holy of holies. Behind the veil. That veil was ripped right down the middle at the moment of Jesus' death. The next time we see it in the bible it is safe in heaven. There is no reason to assume that God never took it long before the temple was destroyed.

It will never be found, if it is in heaven. There are stories of a replica ark having been made, and it would have to be this that will be 'found'.

jim
Long as they don't think it is the real ark, that is all well and good.
I have faith that God can put it back where ever he wants when he wants. So far all the prophecies that have been fulfilled have been fulfilled as written.

This is just ties in with future prophecies that have not been fulfilled yet.

You either have faith or you do not.

There is and only ONE Ark of the Covenant. God will put it in use again when he chooses the time is right.

How will people know it is the original and not another copy? I think when it is found and restored in the Holy of Holies in the new Temple people will know.

I can not give you an explanation set in granite for I do not know the future; only God does.

Have Faith God had it put in to prophecy so it will come to pass.