Evoloution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote: Now, for a real brainteaser...PICTURE INFINITY
Easy our time with god in eternity :P
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Deborah wrote:Question
If young earth theory is correct, then what did the lord do for millions of years? Sit their playing tidly winks?
I don't believe the young earth theory is correct, so I am not sure I should answer this question. ;) Yet, such a question really has no impact for it assumes God ought to create in some way. What is the reason for this oughtness?

Now whether God played tidly winks for seconds, hours, years, millions of years, or at all during His days of creation, such has no impact upon God's chosen method of creation. For all we know, He's been playing tidley winks for all eternity. :P

Kurieuo.
Last edited by Kurieuo on Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Why must the earth be old to you people? Only evolutionists need an old earth...
Simple answer is because that's where Scripture and natural revelation lead me. I don't pick my beliefs based on what I am.

Now why not believe God created over generations within "a day" as Genesis 2:4 reads: "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens."

Why is the seventh day still going?—'For He has thus said somewhere concerning the seventh day, "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works..." Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest [God's rest on the seventh day], lest anyone fall through following the same example of disobedience.' (Hebrews 4:4-11).

Why declare the mountains to be "ancient" and the hills to be "age-old" (Habakkuk 3:6) if mankind has been around just as long? (see also Psalm 90:2-6, Proverbs 8:22-31, Ecclesiastes 1:3-11, Micah 6:2)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Also YEC refer to what Jesus said all too often, Jesus is likely referring to the beginning of the HUMAN RACE.