constantine

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

constantine

Post by Prodigal Son »

saw the movie Constantine. he was a real historical figure, right? has anyone else seen the movie? what do you think?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

There was a historical figure, but this one isn't it. I thought it was OK.
SPOILERS

I didn't like Gabriel's loophole. She said she envied humans for having free will, yet turns against angelic nature and tries to help the Son of Satan. If she has no free will, how did she change sides? And the part where Constantine redeems himself and flies towards heaven while giving Satan the middle finger was hilarious.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

:lol: it was hysterical!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You guys do realize that Constantine as quoted by Richard Roeper is "a theological mess".

The movie really has little to do with Scripture, its more of mockery of the Bible then anything else.

Also its not based on Constantine the roman emperor, but on a comic book which i forgot the name of.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just thought a review I came across of the movie might be of interest to some. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I couldn't comment, but it seems to be lacking in a lot of respects.

http://www.crosswalk.com/fun/movies/131 ... view=print

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

For fictional purposes;....it has done its job. Very fairy taleish. Theoretically wrong and can be confusing to a lot of non believers.

1. Female angels that switch sides? (Crazy)
2. Earning you way into heaven? (Doing Gods job)
3. Going to hell for suicide? (Not scriptural)

I did enjoy the movie for what it was worth.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

I can't believe so many Christians are watching that garbage. I watch a lot of garbage myself, but I try to draw the line at overtly satanic films.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

vvart:
thanks for the info.

poetic soul/felgar:

yeah, it was essentially rubbish. i just went to see it for the special effects...and i thought it would be scary (i love horror). the ending was hilarious! :lol:

k:

that was an awesome review. :? the film was confusing. i got into an argument with a friend of mine after seeing the movie. he's mad at God and feels that the film validated him in some way. :shock:
AliceJames
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Re:

Post by AliceJames »

Mastermind wrote:There was a historical figure, but this one isn't it. gold I thought it was OK.
SPOILERS

I didn't like Gabriel's loophole. She said she envied humans for having free will, yet turns against angelic nature and tries to help the Son of Satan. If she has no free will, how did she change sides? And the part where Constantine redeems himself and flies towards heaven while giving Satan the middle finger was hilarious.
I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday and I thought this too. If she doesn't have free will then how is she doing all this. But then again it's just a movie so whatever..

It was quite entertaining though.
Last edited by AliceJames on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceMobster
Sex: Male

Re: Re:

Post by IceMobster »

AliceJames wrote:I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday and I thought this too. If she doesn't have free will then how is she doing all this. But then again it's just a movie so whatever..

It was quite entertaining though.
11 year old necro. Daaamn, that was the biggest one I have seen so far.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!