8 Reasons Why I Don't Share My Faith

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
YLTYLT
Established Member

8 Reasons Why I Don't Share My Faith

Post by YLTYLT »

Funny but serious as well.

http://tinyurl.com/g7k33

I hope this has not already been posted. I did not see it.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don't Share My Faith

Post by FFC »

YLTYLT wrote:Funny but serious as well.

http://tinyurl.com/g7k33

I hope this has not already been posted. I did not see it.
It wouldn't let me watch it. I got an error and a big sad face. Story of my life.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Birdie
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Birdie »

I thought #4 was funny. Starts yelling at some guy that bumped into him then he goes to the next person and says 'Do you know about Jesus?'. Lol. :)
"Hope is the thing with feathers"
Turgonian

Post by Turgonian »

#8 was nice too, 'Might Get Beat Up'. And the one where he says, 'I don't know! I don't know the answer to that question! He's going to hell!'
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)
omimanordude

Post by omimanordude »

Good video! I really liked number 3. Haha, he goes screaming that he is saved, and the guy is still talking about buddha, haha
YLTYLT
Established Member

Post by YLTYLT »

FFC,

maybe this link wuill work for you

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... 3103434856
FFC

Post by FFC »

YLTYLT wrote:FFC,

maybe this link wuill work for you

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... 3103434856
Thanks, YLTYLT, I clicked on it and it seems to be perpetually loading..... :?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

omimanordude wrote:Good video! I really liked number 3. Haha, he goes screaming that he is saved, and the guy is still talking about buddha, haha
Almost as funny as Richard Dawkin's book...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
FFC

Post by FFC »

Cool. I was finally able to watch it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyv1RwL3WM

Very funny....even though we've all moved on... :oops: :? 8)

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re:

Post by jenna »

FFC wrote:Cool. I was finally able to watch it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyv1RwL3WM

Very funny....even though we've all moved on... :oops: :? 8)
This video was interesting, though pretty sad in a way. The end was true though, they are just excuses not to tell others.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Typhoon
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Typhoon »

Don't you think it would be hard to have any non-religious friends though if we were expected to preach to them. I'm sure you would eventually get one of those responses.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Typhoon wrote:Don't you think it would be hard to have any non-religious friends though if we were expected to preach to them. I'm sure you would eventually get one of those responses.

He wasn't calling to always preach, merely to not be afraid to share one's beliefs. In Christian circles, often we let our fears of other's reactions keep us from sharing the good news. IN the video, you see the most commonly used excuses to avoid discussing our relationship with Christ with others. And we do have good news, and if you do have good news, you share it.

Hey, after all, you're the one who wants us to discuss things and be willing to discuss. That means both Christian and non-Christian should be willing to talk about faith y/:)

Doesn't mean you get in people's faces....but it also means to we should not let our fear of rejection to define our positions.
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

zoegirl wrote:Doesn't mean you get in people's faces....but it also means to we should not let our fear of rejection to define our positions.

I think the IN YOUR FACE Christians do turn away people from Christianity. I feel a more subtle method should be approached. Christians do not need to be obnoxious to be heard.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FFC

Post by FFC »

JCSx2 wrote:
zoegirl wrote:Doesn't mean you get in people's faces....but it also means to we should not let our fear of rejection to define our positions.

I think the IN YOUR FACE Christians do turn away people from Christianity. I feel a more subtle method should be approached. Christians do not need to be obnoxious to be heard.
This is true. I think for the most part It's not Christians who stir up that anger it the message. It just rubs non believers the wrong way. It's also insulting to them to hear that there is a way that is right and it is not their way. Jesus was pretty patient and meek with the message...unless provoked by the religious leaders...and look what happened to him. I'm just saying it' really not us they hate but God. :sstopwar:

MarkyMark7
Familiar Member

Post by MarkyMark7 »

Lol. #1 was hilarious!
A Quote from Prince Caspian (Aslan speaking to Caspian): "You come from of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve, and that is both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperors on earth. Be content."

Sorry if I offend you in an apologetical discussion, I can be very crude.