links

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

links

Post by jenna »

How do you cut and paste? And provide links? I'll admit I'm not very knowledge-able in these areas :shakehead:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
KrisW
Recognized Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: links

Post by KrisW »

Well, I'm brand new to this particular forum, but by the looks of it, you'd cut and paste the link, highlight it, the click the URL button to insert the appropriate HTML to add a link.

To cut and paste....well just highlight the paste, right-click, and and cut.
When fascism come to America it will be wearing black robes and carrying the scales of Justice("but don't touch the oil or the wine")
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

KrisW wrote:Well, I'm brand new to this particular forum, but by the looks of it, you'd cut and paste the link, highlight it, the click the URL button to insert the appropriate HTML to add a link.

To cut and paste....well just highlight the paste, right-click, and and cut.
...I think you meant to say right click and paste, right? :ewink:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
FFC

Post by FFC »

jenwat3 wrote:How do you cut and paste? And provide links? I'll admit I'm not very knowledge-able in these areas :shakehead:
Hey, Jenna! Another cool thing is to click on the quote button when you are replying. That way the previous posters quote will automatically be there and we will always know who you are responding to. :wave:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Yeah, but I wanted to get quotes from other sources, too. :econfused: And how do you highlight?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenwat3 wrote:Yeah, but I wanted to get quotes from other sources, too. :econfused: And how do you highlight?
Jen, use the following guidelines but without the spaces in between the brackets. Generally all actions require the use of left and right brackets [ ] (not parenthases). To start an action you use the left and right brackets [ action ] and to end an action you use the same with a backward slash [ /action ].

Actions are as follows:

i = italic
b = bold
u = underline
url

There are others (like size and color) but the above ones are the most common.

So to quote something you should precede it with [ quote ] and end it with [ /quote ] (again without the spaces). To highlight a text you should precede it with [ b ] and follow it with [ /b ] (you get the picture).

You can embed different actions within one another so that if a text is preceded by [ b ] [ i ] [ u ] and followed by [ /b ] [ /i ] [ /u ] then the text will be highlighted, italicized and underlined.

To use a link and call it a different text you should copy the url from the website and paste it below where it says 'link' and type what you want it to say where it says 'link_text':

[ url=link ]link_text[ /url ] (again, without the spaces).

Let me know if this was helpful.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

..also to make it easier, once you learn to copy and paste you can just use the buttons up top. To highlight you just hold the left button down on the mouse and drag it over whatever you want to copy and paste...then right click on the highlighted portion to bring up the menu that lets you choose the action you want to do.

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Ok, thanks. I'll try it (eventually). And how do you provide links? And one more thing. How do you change the format of your post? I would like to be able to post in paragraph format. Getting one point HERE to -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HERE. y:-?
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Jen,

What I do is simply highlight the web address on the address bar of the website you want to link to and use ctr-C to copy the web address and then use ctr-V to paste it onto your message. (you hit both the control key and the c key)

This also works for quoting smaller sections from other posts. I highlight what I would like to quote and ctrl-C it and then insert the quote (ctrl-V) into the [quote = " " ]....highlighted copied and pasted section [ / quote ]

Of course if your use apple, it is apple-C and apple V.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

AS for paragraphs, I simply use the enter key to start a new paragraph
enter
enter
like this. or the space button
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Thank you Zoe! :dancing:
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Byblos wrote:
jenwat3 wrote:Yeah, but I wanted to get quotes from other sources, too. :econfused: And how do you highlight?
Jen, use the following guidelines but without the spaces in between the brackets. Generally all actions require the use of left and right brackets [ ] (not parenthases). To start an action you use the left and right brackets [ action ] and to end an action you use the same with a backward slash [ /action ].

Actions are as follows:

i = italic
b = bold
u = underline
url

There are others (like size and color) but the above ones are the most common.

So to quote something you should precede it with [ quote ] and end it with [ /quote ] (again without the spaces). To highlight a text you should precede it with [ b ] and follow it with [ /b ] (you get the picture).

You can embed different actions within one another so that if a text is preceded by [ b ] [ i ] [ u ] and followed by [ /b ] [ /i ] [ /u ] then the text will be highlighted, italicized and underlined.

To use a link and call it a different text you should copy the url from the website and paste it below where it says 'link' and type what you want it to say where it says 'link_text':

[ url=link ]link_text[ /url ] (again, without the spaces).

Let me know if this was helpful.
And you make it sound so easy! y:^o y/:)
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Jen, I am assuming that by highlighting you are referring to the way you click over a sentence in order to choose to quote it.

It is very similar to how you would highlight it in Word. You would simply use your mouse (or touchpad) to highlight that section just as you would if you were typing a document and realized you wanted that sentence out of that paragraph and into another one. YOu highlight it by dragging the cursor ove rht esections you want.

Ctrl C copies
Ctrl V pastes

adding [ quote = " " ] before the section and [/quote] then allows you to section it off in your post as a quote. adding a name between the quotation marks will allow other readers to know who tou are quoting.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

:dancing: