Evolution: The Evidence and the Critisism

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
MarkyMark7
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Evolution: The Evidence and the Critisism

Post by MarkyMark7 »

This is kind of a throw off from a different thread. It's been said that there is alot of evidence for and against Evolution in that thread. So, let's put all this evidence up. Give any kind of evidence, biased or not, let's see it.
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/creation-evidence.htm Evidence supporting Creation
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm Evidence supporting Evolution with criticism

Both have something along the lines of "read more" near the bottom. You can dig along time on that website.
A Quote from Prince Caspian (Aslan speaking to Caspian): "You come from of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve, and that is both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperors on earth. Be content."

Sorry if I offend you in an apologetical discussion, I can be very crude.
Himantolophus
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Evolution: The Evidence and the Critisism

Post by Himantolophus »

Yes, there are a lot of things about Darwinian evolution that we don't know. Whether they are unsolvable problems or ones that we haven't solved yet, no one knows...

BUT, disproving Darwinian evolution does not prove creation. And if I argue from the other side, I can come up with many "unsolvable" problems with creation.

We know that organisms have changed from their ancestral form and that they've lived over a long period of time (and many in distinct blocks of that history). This immediately causes problems for Young Earth creationism without getting into any detail!
MarkyMark7
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by MarkyMark7 »

Creationism will never be completely proved by science, as I except to live my life and walk with Christ through Faith, not science. However, it is awesome when science supports Creationism and comes against Evolution, which is used alot to disprove religion completely. Also, C-14 or carbon dating is not neccesarily accurate.
A Quote from Prince Caspian (Aslan speaking to Caspian): "You come from of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve, and that is both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperors on earth. Be content."

Sorry if I offend you in an apologetical discussion, I can be very crude.
frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

MarkyMark7 ,

I agree C-14 dating is not reliable. In fact many dating methods are not very good. If you read my post on Young Earth Old Universe I go into detail as to why I feel that way. It is a good thing we have the Bible as our guide. At least we have some truth to lean on. Man for the most part has a problem with truth.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

frankbaginski wrote:MarkyMark7 ,

I agree C-14 dating is not reliable. In fact many dating methods are not very good. If you read my post on Young Earth Old Universe I go into detail as to why I feel that way. It is a good thing we have the Bible as our guide. At least we have some truth to lean on. Man for the most part has a problem with truth.
Biblical truth or scientific truth? y:-?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

Gman,

There is only one truth. A man in the Bible asked the question "what is truth", it happened that truth was standing in front of him.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

frankbaginski wrote:Gman,

There is only one truth. A man in the Bible asked the question "what is truth", it happened that truth was standing in front of him.
Ok, I wasn't talking about God's truth. I still think that many mini truths can actually make up a bigger truth as well. We all agree that the Bible is the word of God correct? Thats is truth...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

Gman ,

Given the history of man and all we have claimed as truth at one time or another our track record is terrible.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

I think that most Christians take this pretty seriously, at least I hope so.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

So if we don't believe in YEC or a literal 6 day creation we are misguided and are fools? :?

frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

Gman,

A six day creation is not in Roman's. What is there is a statement that we are responsible to recognize that God made the universe. Created in us is a need to seek the Creator, then seeing the creation we are to realize that God made it. We are charged with not worshipping the creation. We are charged with not worshipping things made by man. I have not found anywhere in scripture where we are to know or accept the details of how the creation took place. The historical statements in the Bible are widely interpreted but the idea that God created the universe is definate and we are to acknowledge that fact.