Young Earth Old Universe

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Young Earth Old Universe

Post by Canuckster1127 »

frankbaginski wrote:Canuckster1127 ,

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:

This requires time travel and television. You may not see that.

As for the fabric of space, the detail is in an earlier post.
Frank,

I asked some very specific questions of you and your response is two verses of Scripture, which appear to imply again that questioning you in this regard is the same as questioning the Bible or God.

I sincerely think you're claiming authority for your positions which doesn't belong to you. You have the same responsibility as anyone else to demonstrate your positions.

Expressing a theory which is plausible, does not make it probable. There is still a burden of proof upon you to demonstrate that not only could something be true, but also that it is true on the basis on more than your putting forward the idea.

Proof texting a statement with a Bible verse without demonstrating that that verse is in context and rightly understood to mean what you are claiming does a disservice to the Word of God.

Is this really what you are intending to do?

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

frankbaginski wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:You make a general appeal to authority here without naming them or providing references. Further, you make a personal reference to any who would disagree with your position as ignorant or unknowledgable thus making it a personal matter rather than a matter of fact or interpretation of data. Why is it necessary for you to do that? Is your information not strong enough by itself to make your case without using this type of tactic?
I was refering to the tactic of the author who wrote the article that Zoegirl posted. Why are you taking this personal? That was not my intent. If you want to discuss this please stick to the subject.
I'm not taking it personally. I'm asking why it is necessary to declare that only those who do not understand something would disagree with you on this issue.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
frankbaginski
Valued Member

Post by frankbaginski »

Canuckster1127,

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Christ made these statements so they are true.

Christ knew that the temple was going to be destroyed in less than 40 years at the time He made this statement. He also knew the temple would not be rebuilt for over 2000 years. The abomination of desolation is a very specific event that takes place in the Holy of Holies. This room was and is only seen by the Chief Priest and then only one day a year. In fact a rope was tied to his foot so if he died in there they would be able to pull him out without entering the room. So in time we do expect the temple to be rebuilt and for this event to happen. When it does it appears to be on television. Because how can someone see in the Holy of Holies across Judea? In fact it is implied that we all will see it.

I feel no burdon to supply proof for what I say in these post. We are discussing faith not proof. I have on many occations listed what in my mind is a reasonable collection of references to allow someone to see why I feel the way I do. These are not intended to convince you or supply proof.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

frankbaginski wrote:Canuckster1127,

Christ made these statements so they are true.

Christ knew that the temple was going to be destroyed in less than 40 years at the time He made this statement. He also knew the temple would not be rebuilt for over 2000 years. The abomination of desolation is a very specific event that takes place in the Holy of Holies. This room was and is only seen by the Chief Priest and then only one day a year. In fact a rope was tied to his foot so if he died in there they would be able to pull him out without entering the room. So in time we do expect the temple to be rebuilt and for this event to happen. When it does it appears to be on television. Because how can someone see in the Holy of Holies across Judea? In fact it is implied that we all will see it.

I feel no burdon to supply proof for what I say in these post. We are discussing faith not proof. I have on many occations listed what in my mind is a reasonable collection of references to allow someone to see why I feel the way I do. These are not intended to convince you or supply proof.
Fair enough Frank. It is a discussion board, not a scientific journal and bouncing ideas around is fair game.

I hope you'll understand that I'll feel free to point out why I disagree with something or how I think terms are being misused when I observe assertions or claims of truth that appear out of place or overstated. I'll especially feel free to do it when such claims are presented as accomplished fact.

It terms of the event Christ prophesied, it could be television, if you assume that it will happen very shortly. It could be some other technology, or it could be that God would accomplish it at that time in a manner that would not require any technology of ours whatsoever.

I don't presume to know for certain. TV is certainly one possibility however.

Blessings,

Bart