Did Jesus go to Hell?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Did Jesus go to Hell?

Post by Byblos »

jenna wrote:The entire book of Revelation has not occurred yet. It is ALL a revelation. Death will be conquered after the resurrection.
So Jesus hasn't conquered death yet?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Byblos wrote:
jenna wrote:The entire book of Revelation has not occurred yet. It is ALL a revelation. Death will be conquered after the resurrection.
Yes, He won when He died. All those who die in Christ have the reward of eternal life, given at the resurrection. This is a paradox. :shakehead:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jenna wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Yes, He won when He died. All those who die in Christ have the reward of eternal life, given at the resurrection. This is a paradox. :shakehead:
Paradox indeed :ewink:. But not if one believes Jesus won when he was resurrected, not when he died.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member
Sex: Male

Post by oscarsiziba »

Byblos wrote:
Jesus has conquered and so will all those who believe in Him at the second coming.The Revelation is the revelation(revealing )of the things Daniel was told to shut until the last days and it isthose things that are herein unsealed.
God bless.
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JesusSmiles »

oscarsiziba wrote:Jesus has conquered and so will all those who believe in Him at the second coming.The Revelation is the revelation(revealing )of the things Daniel was told to shut until the last days and it isthose things that are herein unsealed.
God bless.
This is the same way I read it. Death IS conquered....but we've yet to see the manifestation of it as far as mankind is concerned. This will occur in the revelation...or the revealing....when the Lamb's book of life is opened.
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous