The Urantia Papers

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
johnt
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

The Urantia Papers

Post by johnt »

Evidently I have too much time on my hands. The other evening I was in deep thought about "Eden" and of course Adam and Eve. I was trying to figure out for my own benefit just how many offspring that they had had and came up with these papers or writings so to speak as if written by an observer. I read the introductions and several commentaries of the papers themselves and how they came about. As I read further the association of the Bible itself and this book "The Urantia Book" had some very similar attributes in the ways of authorship, forums or groups of people used as editors and the like. It kind of seems like a writing of the Bible in a way that is more advanced or shall I say more modern for our current thoughts and knowledge of science for the past century and the time we are in now. We all have discussed DNA coding and how it had to be of great design. Although these papers came about in the 1920's and 30's I do think it is a bit more then the run of the mill science fiction book. A lot of the content is very far out yet it is well organized and understandable. Is there anyone else who might be familiar with these writings?
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The Urantia Papers

Post by Cross.eyed »

I haven't read through it all yet but here is an address:

http//enwikipedia.org/wiki/Urantia
I am the wretch the song refers to.