G-Day

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: G-Day

Post by BavarianWheels »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
FFC wrote:
Anyway, should we be really be advocating which is the more violent or prone to cause damage, and praising it because of this?
y:-?
I guess this would be a bad time then to suggest that you suit up your Rugby and Football players and put them on a pair of skates and see how they do against my boys ....
I love hockey! A little rock flying around at top speed is GREAT reason for pads and helmets!
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I guess this would be a bad time then to suggest that you suit up your Rugby and Football players and put them on a pair of skates and see how they do against my boys ........

Oh no, you did not go there! I'll have you know ... (maybe not 8) ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
FFC wrote:
Anyway, should we be really be advocating which is the more violent or prone to cause damage, and praising it because of this?
y:-?
I guess this would be a bad time then to suggest that you suit up your Rugby and Football players and put them on a pair of skates and see how they do against my boys ........

touche'
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

wow, the testosterone levels around here have skyrocketed!!!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

zoegirl wrote:wow, the testosterone levels around here have skyrocketed!!!!
Sports: It's when grown men behave like little children and are proud of it. (come to think of it, it's like that pretty much with everything else :mrgreen: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
Sports: It's when grown men behave like little children and are proud of it. (come to think of it, it's like that pretty much with everything else :mrgreen: ).
I'm sorry I didn't hear what you said. I was grunting over here like a wild boar. y:-$ y:@)
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
As kids...we never wore pads and helmets when playing Am. football...yet we survived. *gasp* 8-}2
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:As kids...we never wore pads and helmets when playing Am. football...yet we survived. *gasp* 8-}2
Are you sure it wasn't some Europeanized version of an American sport? You know, like Rugby? :wave:

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:As kids...we never wore pads and helmets when playing Am. football...yet we survived. *gasp* 8-}2
Are you sure it wasn't some Europeanized version of an American sport? You know, like Rugby? :wave:
It was definitely Am. football with a bit of rugby imbedded unknowingly...but we called it, excuse the term, "Smeer the Queer".
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:It was definitely Am. football with a bit of rugby imbedded unknowingly...but we called it, excuse the term, "Smeer the Queer".
Sounds like you got smeered quite a bit (shoulda taken the high road but couldn't help it :evil:, somebody stop me :lol: ).

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:It was definitely Am. football with a bit of rugby imbedded unknowingly...but we called it, excuse the term, "Smeer the Queer".
Sounds like you got smeered quite a bit (shoulda taken the high road but couldn't help it :evil:, somebody stop me :lol: ).
Unlike the "big men of NFL", none of us needed battle gear to play the game.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
I was sure that something traumatic happened to account for his great distaste for the game. :o It's a great game! So are hot dogs, cheesesteaks, and New York pizza.

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:
I was sure that something traumatic happened to account for his great distaste for the game. :o It's a great game! So are hot dogs, cheesesteaks, and New York pizza.
Loved it as a kid...still "like" it, but only for the important game...and that only comes around once a year thankfully.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BavarianWheels wrote:Loved it as a kid...still "like" it, but only for the important game...and that only comes around once a year thankfully.
Which, thankfully, brings us back to my original post and my Super Bowl Champions NY Giants.
Big Blue rules!

BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Byblos wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:Loved it as a kid...still "like" it, but only for the important game...and that only comes around once a year thankfully.
Which, thankfully, brings us back to my original post and my Super Bowl Champions NY Giants.
Big Blue rules!
Blue Wrecking Crew...Dodgers...Dodger Blue.