God and our future

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

God and our future

Post by oscarsiziba »

Does God know our future?If He does ,then are we really free to chose(He already knows),where is our choice then?Does God change,repent of His plans?
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: God and our future

Post by Kurieuo »

oscarsiziba wrote:Does God know our future?If He does ,then are we really free to chose(He already knows),where is our choice then?Does God change,repent of His plans?
Please explain how foreknowledge of someone's action is inconsistent with such a person choosing to perform such an action. It is not clear to me how the two are diametrically opposed to each other.
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member

Post by oscarsiziba »

Kurieuo wrote:
oscarsiziba wrote:Does God know our future?If He does ,then are we really free to chose(He already knows),where is our choice then?Does God change,repent of His plans?
Please explain how foreknowledge of someone's action is inconsistent with such a person choosing to perform such an action. It is not clear to me how the two are diametrically opposed to each other.
Am saying does God have a foreknowledge,if he has are we really practicing our freedom of choice or we are just acting out already laid out scripts?Has God total knowledge of what I am going to do in the next 5minutes?If He knows then,He well knows who is going to be saved and who lost.Why then did He create us all?To see most(as the Bible declares shall be)burning in hell/Can such a God be what the Bible declares Him to be?
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

oscarsiziba wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Am saying does God have a foreknowledge,if he has are we really practicing our freedom of choice or we are just acting out already laid out scripts?Has God total knowledge of what I am going to do in the next 5minutes?If He knows then,He well knows who is going to be saved and who lost.Why then did He create us all?To see most(as the Bible declares shall be)burning in hell/Can such a God be what the Bible declares Him to be?
Because it is the action that is important, and not the knowledge that such an action would be performed. Can judgement take place if a person did not commit an action? Some might think so, however I do not.

Furthermore, change the way the world is, and you change who is and is not saved. For example, my being saved due of decisions I made which are hinged upon where and when I was born, with the parents I had and people who have surrounded my life, does not mean I would be saved if given a different deck of cards in life. My actions may be very different under other circumstances, and as such I may not have been saved if say I was born 100 years earlier. That may sound fair, unfair, whatever - however, God can only deal with our decisions and actions in the world He actualized (our world) out of all the possible worlds he could have actualized.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

I have thought on this for several years and have not found anything in the sense of an absolute.

The study of Biblical prophecy along with The Bible Code books gave me an idea borrowed from different sources; Even though His ways are not as our ways and His thoughts are not as our thoughts, I think it possible that GOD's mind may work similar to a hologram. In other words He could know every path, every temptation, and every turn that will be presented to us in our lifetime. Then it becomes our choice by the exercise of free will. This is somewhat akin ( I think ) to what Kurieuo is saying-"Can judgement take place if a person did not commit an action?"

Had GOD known the choices of Adam and/or Eve, would His plan been the same?
Would GOD have repented of making man beforehand concerning the days of Noah's flood?
I am the wretch the song refers to.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Cross.eyed wrote:
I have thought on this for several years and have not found anything in the sense of an absolute.

The study of Biblical prophecy along with The Bible Code books gave me an idea borrowed from different sources; Even though His ways are not as our ways and His thoughts are not as our thoughts, I think it possible that GOD's mind may work similar to a hologram. In other words He could know every path, every temptation, and every turn that will be presented to us in our lifetime. Then it becomes our choice by the exercise of free will. This is somewhat akin ( I think ) to what Kurieuo is saying-"Can judgement take place if a person did not commit an action?"

Would GOD have repented of making man beforehand concerning the days of Noah's flood?
God has a plan. He knows all of Adam and Eve's progeny before all were ever born. Look at the outcome of the plan — Revelations 21-22. Question: How do you make Gold pure? There is a process and we are living in it now…

Regarding Noah's flood — it is the fact God did not wipe humanity out way back then is what is important to note: This reveals what about who God is?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

B. W. wrote:
Cross.eyed wrote:

God has a plan. He knows all of Adam and Eve's progeny before all were ever born. Look at the outcome of the plan — Revelations 21-22. Question: How do you make Gold pure? There is a process and we are living in it now…

Regarding Noah's flood — it is the fact God did not wipe humanity out way back then is what is important to note: This reveals what about who God is?
-
-
-
Please forgive me B.W. but I don't understand what you're saying in relation of my reply to the OP.
Could you break it down a little ?
Gold is like faith, it is purifyed when tried in the fire.
"This reveals what about who GOD is?"-This is the loving GOD who-in spite of ourselves-plans to bring humanity to reconcilliation with Him.
But again, I can't get the connection as to what you are saying. y:O2
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Cross.eyed wrote:..Please forgive me B.W. but I don't understand what you're saying in relation of my reply to the OP. Could you break it down a little ?
God's plan is absolute - a news heavens and earth. The bible reveals to us who God is and what he is like. For example, it reveals that God is all powerful, all knowing, etc and etc. Since God is all powerful and all knowing then he knows all things. Look at Jeremiah 1:5 - he knew Jeremiah before he ever existed and likewise you can correctly deduce he knows the same about you and I. Not sure if I can explain it in easy terms but I hope you can get the picture.
Cross.eyed wrote:..Gold is like faith, it is purified when tried in the fire. "This reveals what about who GOD is?"-This is the loving GOD who-in spite of ourselves-plans to bring humanity to reconciliation with Him.

You answered this about Gold in your own statement: "...GOD who-in spite of ourselves-plans to bring humanity to reconciliation with Him." That is the goal described in Revelations 21 and 22. Before that time God is bringing things to a prophetic 'boiling point' so to speak whereas the dross is removed.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

B. W. wrote:
Cross.eyed wrote:..Please forgive me B.W. but I don't understand what you're saying in relation of my reply to the OP. Could you break it down a little ?
God's plan is absolute - a news heavens and earth. The bible reveals to us who God is and what he is like. For example, it reveals that God is all powerful, all knowing, etc and etc. Since God is all powerful and all knowing then he knows all things. Look at Jeremiah 1:5 - he knew Jeremiah before he ever existed and likewise you can correctly deduce he knows the same about you and I. Not sure if I can explain it in easy terms but I hope you can get the picture.
Cross.eyed wrote:..Gold is like faith, it is purified when tried in the fire. "This reveals what about who GOD is?"-This is the loving GOD who-in spite of ourselves-plans to bring humanity to reconciliation with Him.

You answered this about Gold in your own statement: "...GOD who-in spite of ourselves-plans to bring humanity to reconciliation with Him." That is the goal described in Revelations 21 and 22. Before that time God is bringing things to a prophetic 'boiling point' so to speak whereas the dross is removed.
-
-
-
O.K. I understand you so far, but here is my initial question(s); If Adam had refused to participate with Eve in the original sin (exercising his own free will to obey GOD) wouldn't GOD have known this possibility also and had a plan should it occur? Or would everything remain the same?
This is the analogy of the "hologram" ability-knowing every facit of all probabilities that could have came to reality-and GOD knowing the future reguardless of the choices taken. This is the possibilitie(s) I think, when mankind has complete free will so therefore answering the OP, yes we are free to choose and yes GOD would already know what to do accordingly without taking away free will.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Cross.eyed wrote: O.K. I understand you so far, but here is my initial question(s); If Adam had refused to participate with Eve in the original sin (exercising his own free will to obey GOD) wouldn't GOD have known this possibility also and had a plan should it occur? Or would everything remain the same? This is the analogy of the "hologram" ability-knowing every facit of all probabilities that could have came to reality-and GOD knowing the future reguardless of the choices taken. This is the possibilitie(s) I think, when mankind has complete free will so therefore answering the OP, yes we are free to choose and yes GOD would already know what to do accordingly without taking away free will. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
No confusion at all. I think you may have answered your own question: "wouldn't GOD have known this possibility also and had a plan should it occur..."

Since God knows all -- then what else could the answer be other than yes?

But the fact is as it is -- Adam did sin...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

B. W. wrote:
Cross.eyed wrote: O.K. I understand you so far, but here is my initial question(s); If Adam had refused to participate with Eve in the original sin (exercising his own free will to obey GOD) wouldn't GOD have known this possibility also and had a plan should it occur? Or would everything remain the same? This is the analogy of the "hologram" ability-knowing every facit of all probabilities that could have came to reality-and GOD knowing the future reguardless of the choices taken. This is the possibilitie(s) I think, when mankind has complete free will so therefore answering the OP, yes we are free to choose and yes GOD would already know what to do accordingly without taking away free will. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
No confusion at all. I think you may have answered your own question: "wouldn't GOD have known this possibility also and had a plan should it occur..."

Since God knows all -- then what else could the answer be other than yes?

But the fact is as it is -- Adam did sin...
-
-
-
For futher clarification I was answering the OP'er using questions in a rhetorical manner, maybe that is why I didn't understand your post. Thanks for the replies.