What's the deal with Catholics?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: What's the deal with Catholics?

Post by jenna »

I agree somewhat with Johnt. If you don't read communicate and discuss how can you learn anything? Very well put. 8)
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Oscar, what is your definition of the Vatican? Is it the Holy Roman empire, or the pope, or what? Help me out here, because I may disagree with you on this point.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member
Sex: Male

Post by oscarsiziba »

There are well-meaning Christians within the Catholic system,but problem seems to be with their teachings which seem to be drawn from tradition,ritual and superstition than from the Bible.The church is the final authority-I don't take that.The final with me is the Bible.
Jenna,I perceive the Vatican is as it is today-a religio-political city.I understand the Holy Roman Empire per se dismantled and some of the countries that constituted it in the preset day are England,Italy,Germany,Switzerland,etc.
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.