Amazing Grace

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Amazing Grace

Post by zoegirl »

I know I am terribly behind times, but just got to watch "Amazing Grace " today...

Would highly recommend it.

Not the action packed movie and it resembles more of a "Masterpeice theater" work but hey, I like that. (especially the Jane Austenathon they are having right now!!! Jane Austen rocks!!)

But back to the subject....great movie...awesome theme...incredible man....
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Amazing Grace

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:I know I am terribly behind times, but just got to watch "Amazing Grace " today...

Would highly recommend it.

Not the action packed movie and it resembles more of a "Masterpeice theater" work but hey, I like that. (especially the Jane Austenathon they are having right now!!! Jane Austen rocks!!)

But back to the subject....great movie...awesome theme...incredible man....
I have not seen the movie "Amazing Grace" yet - and yes, Jane Austen is an excellent author.

I prefer her books than the movies but my wife loves the Jane Austen movies…husbands are always being 'motivated' to see 'chick' flicks of Austin kind.

The movie 'Sense and Sensibility' put me too sleep and I was wondering if 'Emma' ever had a quite moment! :wave: :dancing:
-
-
-

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Ah, havne't seen the BBC version of Emma lately....that's coming up this week. And there is a new version of Sense and sensibility instead of the other big screen version, although that's not too bad. Got a little tired of Hugh Grant.

But let's face it....Pride and Prejudice is the best....

And yes, the books are better, although kudos to the BBC for being faithful to her wit....hated the newer version of Pride and Prejudice...too emotional!! elizabeth was waaaaay too spineless in comarison to her character in the books. The BBC version is MUCH much truer and absolutely sparkles with Austen's wit.

Want to watch Amazing Grace again. Good movie...encourage you to rent it. It's just really great all around. Shows his character and his struggles and also does a good job showing the politics he fought against. (this, i believe was one of the major criticisms of the movie....tended to dwell on the politics....but it was what he faced...)
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JesusSmiles »

zoegirl wrote:
I've been hooked on them also! Every Sunday night at 9 PM....I'm on PBS!

I haven't seen Amazing Grace yet.
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

yeah, except for the marathon marathon's they;ve been having every other month, it seems. These last two years the fundraising has become ridiculous.
JesusSmiles
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JesusSmiles »

zoegirl wrote:yeah, except for the marathon marathon's they;ve been having every other month, it seems. These last two years the fundraising has become ridiculous.
I know what you mean. For $75 you can get a coffee cup with a PBS logo on it. :D Then they keep telling you about it over and over like it's a good deal!
God is Great, and therefore He will be sought.
Good is Good, and therefore He will be found.
Anonymous