Adam & Eve

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Charlie Brown
Acquainted Member

Adam & Eve

Post by Charlie Brown »

My question is, Adam and Eve were the first two that God created, but were they the only two?
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Adam & Eve

Post by BavarianWheels »

Charlie Brown wrote:My question is, Adam and Eve were the first two that God created, but were they the only two?
It seems the creation account is unclear as it doesn't say God created Adam and Eve only. But I would assume so.
Charlie Brown
Acquainted Member

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks for the reply. The reason I think they might have been the first two, but not the only two is because when I "picture" the creation account I don't picture God only creating one of everything. For example, when He created the trees, I picture multiple trees being created. I was just curious if the creation of humans would have been the same.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Charlie Brown wrote:Thanks for the reply. The reason I think they might have been the first two, but not the only two is because when I "picture" the creation account I don't picture God only creating one of everything. For example, when He created the trees, I picture multiple trees being created. I was just curious if the creation of humans would have been the same.
Charlie,

I'll throw this out there... I don't necessarily agree with it but there are some who believe that there are two separate creation accounts when it comes to man. In Genesis 1:27 God creates male and female in one creation account and the other is in Genesis 2:7 (Adam) and 22 (Eve) in the Garden of Eden. Why a separate creation account in Genesis 2? Because God was creating a separate group of people (that is the Jewish race) for which the messiah would be born out of.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Charlie Brown
Acquainted Member

Post by Charlie Brown »

Gman wrote:
Charlie Brown wrote:Thanks for the reply. The reason I think they might have been the first two, but not the only two is because when I "picture" the creation account I don't picture God only creating one of everything. For example, when He created the trees, I picture multiple trees being created. I was just curious if the creation of humans would have been the same.
Charlie,

I'll throw this out there... I don't necessarily agree with it but there are some who believe that there are two separate creation accounts when it comes to man. In Genesis 1:27 God creates male and female in one creation account and the other is in Genesis 2:7 (Adam) and 22 (Eve) in the Garden of Eden. Why a separate creation account in Genesis 2? Because God was creating a separate group of people (that is the Jewish race) for which the messiah would be born out of.
That's where my confusion begins. I don't believe that Genesis 2 is a separate creation account, but a more in depth look at day six and the beginning of our relationship with God. Too confusing. lol
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Charlie Brown wrote: Too confusing. lol
I guess that makes two of us then.... ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8