What Jobs?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

What Jobs?

Post by Silvertusk »

Hello

Just out of curiosity (and please tell me to mind my own business) what jobs do people do that are members here?

I am a teacher of ICT and Computing at a Secondary school in England.

Silvertusk.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: What Jobs?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I'm a former Pastor, District Worker and Church Administrator.

I currently work as a member of a small contracting firm in Washington DC where I am a Sr. Project Manager assigned to a position in a Sensitive Government area that I can't go into more detail about (it sounds a lot more glamorous than it is ;) ) Most of my work ties into Financial Management and Database support.

I'm also finishing up a Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership and a fairly highly ranked Book and Product reviewer on Amazon.com. Amazon, authors and publishers actually send me things to review from time to time, just in case I don't have enough to do.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

you probably remember my job...we traded woes on one thread....I teach biology and anatomy and physiology at a private Christian school at the high school level.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

I'm a projects director for a financial software company (mainly banking software). I'm currently managing several projects including a loan system for a major bank in PR, and ATM interfaces. Would love to teach a course or two if the opportunity arises (probably math).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

I'm in solid waste.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Byblos wrote:I'm a projects director for a financial software company (mainly banking software). I'm currently managing several projects including a loan system for a major bank in PR, and ATM interfaces. Would love to teach a course or two if the opportunity arises (probably math).
Good for you! I may teach too at some point. The Master's Program I'm in has asked if I might be willing to do some instruction when the MS is done. If I did it would probably be a side job at night.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I may teach too at some point. The Master's Program I'm in has asked if I might be willing to do some instruction when the MS is done. If I did it would probably be a side job at night.
A while back I did teach continuing ed classes (GED/SAT preps and so forth) and even before that, back in my college days I tutored math, computers, chemistry, and French. I always loved teaching and have the utmost respect for those who do. I would do it part time and see myself doing it full time in my retirement years. Oh yeah and Zoe, my wife is looking to teach biology and A&P as well.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

IT Admin,

Cisco routers, Active Diectory, Samba, Unix, Linux, Windoze, Web pages, Voip, vpn, Mac... Whew...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:IT Admin,

Cisco routers, Active Diectory, Samba, Unix, Linux, Windoze, Web pages, Voip, vpn, Mac... Whew...
You work for Cisco?
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Byblos wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:I may teach too at some point. The Master's Program I'm in has asked if I might be willing to do some instruction when the MS is done. If I did it would probably be a side job at night.
A while back I did teach continuing ed classes (GED/SAT preps and so forth) and even before that, back in my college days I tutored math, computers, chemistry, and French. I always loved teaching and have the utmost respect for those who do. I would do it part time and see myself doing it full time in my retirement years. Oh yeah and Zoe, my wife is looking to teach biology and A&P as well.
Yay! Hope everything goes well...will that be her first year teaching?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

zoegirl wrote:Yay! Hope everything goes well...will that be her first year teaching?
Thanks. First time in a large classroom setting, yes. I think she'll do fine, she's amazingly gifted with biology.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

BavarianWheels wrote:

You work for Cisco?
No.. But I'm certified to work on them.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:

You work for Cisco?
No.. But I'm certified to work on them.
Oh...just wondering because my cousin is a manager here in So. Cal. for the support dept.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

Down to a simpler level here;

Control room operator-mix/monitor chemicals-full time.

Spring and fall-fishing guide.

Custom fishing lure maker-direct to fishing tackle shops.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Real Job:

Case Manager - Social Work: emphasis Criminal Justice and Developmental Disabled Population. I serve two types of clients. The DD group is the best to work with and I prefer working with them. I also still do criminal justice work due to my experience and deal primarily with sex offenders.

Part Time: Christian Writer and Author, Guest Speaker at various Churches. College Grad — study Criminal Justice/Social Work and biblical studies.

Hey, Canuckster1127 — you work with Amazon? Can you explain their ranking system??? y:O2
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys