Removal of Britannia from 50P coin

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
snowmansmartie
Newbie Member

Removal of Britannia from 50P coin

Post by snowmansmartie »

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd bring this one to the table - Over here in the UK we have a 50Pence coin with a picture of Britannia on it.

Gordon Brown (Our Prime Minister!!....Well, the less said about that the better!), has controversially decided to remove this picture of Britannia from the 50P coin.

I have done a little research into this and found that Britannia is actually a Roman goddess, therefore everytime I spend 50P on something or even chuck my change into the Sunday morning collection, am I really honoring God by putting a coin with a Roman godess in it!! Me thinks not.

Therefore, as much as I hate to say this ........ well done Gordon Brown :clap: :clap: .

WOW!!!! That took a lot of effort

Is it a case the GB is not the country we used to be because of this plus many more "idols" we use in our lives. Was the book of Judges in the O.T. not written about how Isreal turned from God, worshipped idols and got themselves into allsorts of bother!!! Was it not Solomon, who started worshipping other gods and was eventually "dealt with" by God, and he was a very wise man, the wisdom given to him by God himself!!!!!!

How much more then, in our modern society will God turn away from us as a nation, or nations if we continue to use other gods (pathetic as they may be!!) as symbols of our "Britishness". Could Gordon Brown, be the start of a new revival in the UK? I think not!!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Removal of Britannia from 50P coin

Post by Silvertusk »

Looking at it from that point of view I can see it might be right to take that image of the coin. But another part of me thinks that is another attempt by the government to strip our country of its Identity. They have already done it by changing Christmas to "Winter Festival" in Birmingham and bannig thr nativity in primary schools in certain areas. I think it is another example of secularism taking hold.

Silvertusk
snowmansmartie
Newbie Member

Post by snowmansmartie »

Your right of course. It's funny how these little changes go to prove Revelations. As our identity is stripped away along with other countries, the euro replacing all european currency, it all points to a one world order and religion.

It's scary and exciting at the same time.

Losing a Roman goddess in my eyes is a very good thing, at least it gives us Christians hope, mind you we could end up with anything on the coin since the goverment is determind to destroy this country, and of course as we move closer toward the rapture why not have something like this:
wedjat2.jpeg
wedjat2.jpeg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
Hey ho!!!!

All I can say is trust in the Lord and he will see us right
Dazed and Confused
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Is it a case the GB is not the country we used to be because of this plus many more "idols" we use in our lives. Was the book of Judges in the O.T. not written about how Isreal turned from God, worshipped idols and got themselves into allsorts of bother!!!
I was always under the impression that the reason for the decline of the British empire was because of there treatment of Israel. Wasn't Great Britian given the mandate to help establish a homeland for the Jews in Palenstine. But instead they divide the land giving 70 percent to the muslims in trade for oil. And this was just prior to the State of Israel being born. Can't you count the demise of the British empire from the time it betrayed Israel. The United States is currently doing the same thing. When president Bush forced the "road map to peace" on the nation of Israel, he and the previous prime minister Ariel Sharon divided God's land. What happened. They removed (displaced) 8,000 civilians from the Gaza strip and gave the land to the Palenstinians. Result. The last of the Jews were removed on August 22, on August 23 a tropical depression known as Katrina formed and slammed into the United States. The worst natural disaster in U.S. history displacing about 1 million people. Mirror image if you asked me. Then not several months after that Ariel Sharon slips into a coma, as far as I know he is still in this state today. God warned "I will...curse him that curseth thee". That is my understanding of it anyhow. And now the U.S. wants to divide the West Bank! Hey maybe I can move to England.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.