seeking quick advice

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
buffalo1d
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

seeking quick advice

Post by buffalo1d »

I am not sure if this is a good idea, tomorow I am suppose to have a Jehovas witness over, I live alone and am in a wheelchair, is it a good idea to have a complete stranger in my place? God bless
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: seeking quick advice

Post by jenna »

buffalo1d wrote:I am not sure if this is a good idea, tomorow I am suppose to have a Jehovas witness over, I live alone and am in a wheelchair, is it a good idea to have a complete stranger in my place? God bless
I think it would be ok, as far as your PHYSICAL safety. 8) If you are concerned about it, could you possibly ask a neighbor or friend to be there when they stop by?
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
buffalo1d
Newbie Member

Post by buffalo1d »

thanks for the advice, I don't really have any body that is able to be here though.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

I guess my question would be why you are having him over....to witness to him?

To be honest, I would want someone wlse there for moral support if it is to witness, if it is not, I wouldn't have them over. Or if you don't feel strongly enough.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
buffalo1d
Newbie Member

Post by buffalo1d »

yea I plan to witness to him, I am solid with the true gospel of the true Jesus, I just got to thinking if it was a dumb idea to have a stranger around I never met, if he turns out to be a phsyco or something.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

buffalo1d wrote:I am not sure if this is a good idea, tomorow I am suppose to have a Jehovas witness over, I live alone and am in a wheelchair, is it a good idea to have a complete stranger in my place? God bless
Wouldn't it be two complete strangers - I thought JW's came in pairs? :esmile:
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Communicating with a Jehovah's Witness is difficult. The important thing to consider is they have a "language" all their own (eg. will agree that Jesus is the"son" of God, but have a different definition of "son" than Christians). I have engaged with some members who wanted me to talk to an elder, one who is trained in dealing with Christians. IMO, I would wait until you are better equipped to answer the questions. Personally, I am polite but firm and they seem to avoid me; I am not that well versed in the deeper core of their beliefs to "take them on".
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Post by Dazed and Confused »

JW's do always come in two's. I would be suspicious if one of them was alone, there trained to proselytize in pairs like Mormons. Strange parallels between JW's and Mormons.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Dazed and Confused wrote:JW's do always come in two's. I would be suspicious if one of them was alone, there trained to proselytize in pairs like Mormons. Strange parallels between JW's and Mormons.
Very true... Hey cool flag by the way. Go Israel!
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8