Neopets anyone?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Neopets anyone?

Post by cslewislover »

I have an account on neopets and belong to a christian "guild" there. I began playing after my son had joined and I saw all of the games (grown-up ones, too, like solitaires and Mou Jong - they call it Kou Jong), extra activites, and site plots you can do there. The site plots are really hard, actually. I've never gotten through one entirely by myself yet. Right now the site-wide event is the "Altador Cup," where you play games - one of which is like a wacky difficult version of soccer - for your team and then get rewarded. Sign-ups are now, but the games start next Tuesday. I can't really play the soccer-like game, but the two side games are easy enough, lol.

Although there are coding issues with my look-up and I need to change it, this is its url: http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... lewislover. Our Christian "guild" has a message board where we can chat with one another (although certain words are not allowed through the site's filters); virtually all the members are high schoolers or adults. Anyway, just wondered if anyone needed some gaming pasttime and wanted to come chat with me there, too.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Re: Neopets anyone?

Post by cslewislover »

No one, huh? I changed my look-up, but that's not the important part. I thought maybe you could explore the site from there. If you want to check neopets out more, they're homepage is: http://www.neopets.com/

If there's a kou-jong challenge, I would do it with someone.
:eugeek:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

My son is now 12 yrs old...hasn't played on neopets in probably 2 yrs. I'm glad it's for all ages though.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Sex: Male

Post by Silvertusk »

I play World of Warcraft - is that a bad thing?
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Silvertusk wrote:I play World of Warcraft - is that a bad thing?
My kids got me into the world of pokemon. :oops:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Silvertusk wrote:I play World of Warcraft - is that a bad thing?
I don't know. Would you defend it well to other Christians? I guess that's what I'd go by. We play Pokemon games and others, and I feel that if I couldn't make a case for playing them - that they would have either a neutral or positive effect on us - I wouldn't play them (or it).

As for Pokemon, I don't see anything wrong with it; Pikachu is a very good role model.