Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Post by zoegirl »

Ok, tonights' was a fun one. I like the ones where they have historical characters. Agatha Christie was a n interesting character to have.

ALTHOUGH!! Has anyone ever seen one where a CHristian character is presented in a positive light?! Last night it was the preacher who turned out to be the alien.

Interesting how they never seem to choose any other religious figures as the "bad guy"
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:Ok, tonights' was a fun one. I like the ones where they have historical characters. Agatha Christie was a n interesting character to have.

ALTHOUGH!! Has anyone ever seen one where a CHristian character is presented in a positive light?! Last night it was the preacher who turned out to be the alien.

Interesting how they never seem to choose any other religious figures as the "bad guy"
That's liberalism for you. The biggest evil for them are Christians who stand and live their faith.

I can't locate the bible verse but somewhere it speaks of the last days when good is considered evil...

Another sign...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

huh, just watched the rerun of last week's Dr. Who, noticed at the end they included the self-sacrifice of the vespiform to save Agatha Christie, wonder if that came form the preacher's mind?!?!? (even if they didn't intend that, it's pretty intersting!)
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

oh-ho, I just watched the second part, could'nt resist....it's a good one...what did you guys think of the first part?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:oh-ho, I just watched the second part, could'nt resist....it's a good one...what did you guys think of the first part?
The Silence of the Library? It was fun but rather confusing to follow until near the end. I think editors must of cut some parts out.

I did not see part two - was it on?

Who is River Song?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

oh, I was bad, I was confused too and got on youtube and saw it there. the second part clears up A LOT!

They never explicitly tell you who riversong is, but t hey try to give lots of hints.

David Tennant is an awesome Doctor and I like Catherine Tate as well, who plays Donna
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

So what did you all think of the second episode to FOrest of the Dead?

"You just killed someone I liked, that is not a safe place to stand....I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the universe.....look me up..."

Now that's a cool line. More in line with the fierce Doctor he has been!!!
Interesting reference to the dreaming that was in "Through the Looking Glass" in the king dreaming the looking glass world.

Sad though about DOnna and her man!!

Good ending!!

Ok, secure now in my geekiness, I will reveal that I jsut found out a fun fact....in the previous episode of Doctor Who about his daughter, Jenny, the actress is the daughter of Peter Davison, one of the previous Doctors (also played Tristan in James Herriot).
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:So what did you all think of the second episode to FOrest of the Dead?

"You just killed someone I liked, that is not a safe place to stand....I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the universe.....look me up..."

Now that's a cool line. More in line with the fierce Doctor he has been!!!
Interesting reference to the dreaming that was in "Through the Looking Glass" in the king dreaming the looking glass world.

Sad though about DOnna and her man!!

Good ending!!

Ok, secure now in my geekiness, I will reveal that I jsut found out a fun fact....in the previous episode of Doctor Who about his daughter, Jenny, the actress is the daughter of Peter Davison, one of the previous Doctors (also played Tristan in James Herriot).
Soory for the delay,

Last week's show was great! Lot's of twist and turns - which is why I like the show!

Yes the fifth Doctor from the 1981 series! So his daughter has a fitting role in the new show!

Have a happy Fouth of July :wave:
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

What did you think of midnight?

I wasn't as impressed with the overall story, no real resolution and although I know they were going for that I was rather bored.....rather humdrum.

Although the bits between the alien and the doctor with regards to the acting was interesting.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:What did you think of midnight?

I wasn't as impressed with the overall story, no real resolution and although I know they were going for that I was rather bored.....rather humdrum.

Although the bits between the alien and the doctor with regards to the acting was interesting.
I thought the acting was good. The overall plot seemed to me to be leading to the next show. On the tram, the Doctor had his back turned toward an overhead TV screen and Rose appeared, saying." Doctor - you're in danger..."

The teaser for next weeks show revealed Rose again and the Doctor possibly dying - we may not have seen the last of Midnight "dog"...

I think the actors pulled off one of the hardest things actors can do — a small unchanging set. I did miss the very beginning of show as why the Doctor was on the Tram. I came in as they were all leaving.

Why were they there?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Swamper
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by Swamper »

I've seen this season's final three episodes, and I must say that I thought they were amazing. In fact, I'm almost seriously considering cutting my hair and growing some sideburns so I can be the Doctor for Halloween this year. It'll be even better if I can convince a friend of mine to be Rose...hahaha. :ebiggrin:
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Yeah, I think they've been really good
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:Yeah, I think they've been really good

Yes very good - however I missed the beginning of last weeks show - who is Bad Wolf?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

BOy that actually goes back to Rose's season. I am forgetting as well. I will have to see if I can find that episode.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Ok, I remember some of it now, Bad Wolf bay is the location where the Doctor left Rose in the other dimension. I think it's a clue that somehitng is happening across dimensions.