It never ends does it?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: It never ends does it?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

zoegirl wrote:I would *love* that! I grew up in a rural area and spent my teen years mowing those 3 acres with our riding lawnmower.
We grew tired of mowing the lawn, so ( are you ready for this?) we paved over the front yard and made it a parking lot.* As for the back yard, we removed the lawn, put in paving stones, built a gazebo, bought a swing, and planted $3000 worth of flowers. Now, when I get home in the evenings, I chat with my wife in the swing; she looks at her flowers and we complain about all the bees that have adopted our yard...but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh yeah, the front of the house looks like H@ll. But it's convenient.

*shhh...I can hear you shriek!
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
zoegirl wrote:I would *love* that! I grew up in a rural area and spent my teen years mowing those 3 acres with our riding lawnmower.
We grew tired of mowing the lawn, so ( are you ready for this?) we paved over the front yard and made it a parking lot.* As for the back yard, we removed the lawn, put in paving stones, built a gazebo, bought a swing, and planted $3000 worth of flowers. Now, when I get home in the evenings, I chat with my wife in the swing; she looks at her flowers and we complain about all the bees that have adopted our yard...but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh yeah, the front of the house looks like H@ll. But it's convenient.

*shhh...I can hear you shriek!
WOW = Pictures please - this I got to see... :clap:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:WOW = Pictures please - this I got to see..
I can't figure out how to insert an image... :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
B. W. wrote:WOW = Pictures please - this I got to see..
I can't figure out how to insert an image... :shakehead:
I have to admit - I do not know how either!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

FL
Last edited by Furstentum Liechtenstein on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+ + +

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

FL
Last edited by Furstentum Liechtenstein on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+ + +

+ + +
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

CAn you beleive that my furnace fan motor broke early this morning? I woke up to a lovely burning smell in my bedroom. After calling in the cavalry (odler sister and older brother bless family!!! y>:D< ) they managed to figure out the problem and pull out the fan motor and identify the model number. Very thankfully it was up to 60 today and the house is sitll in the upper 60's right now at 10:30 at night. So even though it will get down to 30, it iwll be ok for tonight.

Thankful for the engineering that caused the safety switch to turn off the furnace.

Ugh...craziness

but if my brother can find the motor for me, a potentially $800 repair bill will only be 100.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"