Ultimate "blind" proof of Darwinian Evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Anita
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Ultimate "blind" proof of Darwinian Evolution

Post by Anita »

xoxo
Last edited by Anita on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anita
Recognized Member

Post by Anita »

Hi Hi,
there are a lot of things on Earth that are detrimental to mankind or else do nothing of any significance for mankind. And why would humans catch HIV from monkeys if they werem't closely related? If humans were a "special creation", shouldn't we have been created immune to the diseases of "ordinary" mammals?
Well we were originally created immune to diseases in the Garden of Eden until we sinned.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Hi Anita,

Are you associated with the group Jews for Jesus? I'm actually part Jewish via two bloodlines, but consider myself Christian. I really wasn't sure that there were any Jews that were YEC, for the most part I believe they are OEC or view Genesis as being completely symbolic.

Shalom
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Anita
Recognized Member

Post by Anita »

Hi Gman, Shalom to you too!
Last edited by Anita on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Anita wrote:Hi Gman,

I am a full blooded Jew from generations upon generations. However, I consider myself a complete Jew because I completely understand how the New Testament links with the Old Testament that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that J-sus was indeed the Messiah/G-d incarnate.
You have judged wisely.... ;)

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Anita
Recognized Member

Post by Anita »

Why thank you master Yoda. :ebiggrin:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Anita wrote:Hi Gman,

I am a full blooded Jew from generations upon generations. However, I consider myself a complete Jew because I completely understand how the New Testament links with the Old Testament that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that J-sus was indeed the Messiah/G-d incarnate.

I believe every single world in the Bible literally! There are no coincidences - neither in literal words of the Bible. (coincidence is not a kosher word).
I guess then that would make all Christians complete Jews (or all complete Jews Christian, whatever). :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Anita wrote:Why thank you master Yoda. :ebiggrin:
y:D

Himantolophus
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Himantolophus »

Why do I hyphenate the word G-d? The reason for this can be found In Genesis 1:3 were we read that G-d said, let there be light and there was light. Genesis 1:3 - And G-d said, Let there be light: and there was light. From this passage alone we learn that there is great power in “words”. Than at Mount Sinai when Moses is taking a dictation from G-d and writing out the 10 commandments in Exodus 20:7, G-d gave the third commandment - you shall not take the name of the Lord your G-d in vain. Exodus 20:7 - Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy G-d in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. For that reason, by leaving the “o” out of the word G-d it makes His name unpronounceable. Not only unpronounceable, but we should constantly be reminded of the power and holiness of G-d's name (after all He is the author of life, which hopefully one day you will come to find out). Thus, by placing a hyphen in the middle of G-d's name shows a certain amount of respect for Him. I am merely just trying to remind myself and those who read the things I write to focus on the proper use of G-d's name, and to give Him all the glory due His name.
interesting... I remember back in my college days learning that Jews did so with J--weh I believe. Interesting that you carried it over. I thought that "using God's name in vain" was slandering or cursing His name in context?
reminded of the power and holiness of G-d's name (after all He is the author of life, which hopefully one day you will come to find out)
well, technically as a theistic evolutionist I beleive God created all matter in the Universe in the beginning SO technically and abstractly, He did create everything that has appeared from then on (as it all recycles the same matter over and over). Whether He creates by evolution is no problem, evolution was God's design after all. :ewink:
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

I just saw a video of a cat born with two faces, yes...two of each including two sets of whiskers!

Here is one link.

One has to ask, are we seeing evolution in action?
Will we see more and more cats with two faces? How will natural selection preserve this mutation overtime? Will it be beneficial for survival? Aren't cats already surviving well enough with one face?

But the real question that should be asked is:

Has evolution created anything?

The obvious answer is no, a mutation that happened to duplicate and switch on the same set of genes didn't actually create new information, it merely copied it, erroneously, might I add.

It just happens to show that Darwinian Evolution does exactly what its best at doing. It is distorting the minimal specified bits of information needed to sequentially communicate properly between the DNA and the translating receiver ribosome to form the proteins from the subsequent amino acids in a closed system.(correct me if I'm wrong)
"Is it possible that God is not just an Engineer, but also a divine Artist who creates at times solely for His enjoyment? Maybe the Creator really does like beetles." RTB
mrpinz
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by mrpinz »

Adaption to the environment, not better or worse. That is what natural selection is.
David Blacklock
Valued Member

Post by David Blacklock »

>>Will we see more and more cats with two faces?<<

What a bunch of copycats! Here, Kitty, Kitty... :oops:

DB

More seriously, there probably was no mutation here - just an error in embryological development.

DB
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

More seriously, there probably was no mutation here - just an error in embryological development.
So you admit this is an error and not something that can be fixed into the population? This was just one example, it seems many cats are coming out to be two-faced these days.

Miaw...double Miaw
"Is it possible that God is not just an Engineer, but also a divine Artist who creates at times solely for His enjoyment? Maybe the Creator really does like beetles." RTB
David Blacklock
Valued Member

Post by David Blacklock »

I think "admit" is not the appropriate word. There was no crime committed. Errors in development occur frequently - errors that are not coded in the genes. Some of the more common congenital heart abnormalities fall into this category - septal defects, tetralogy, etc.

DB
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

I take it back, "admit" obviously was not the proper word.
So what your saying is embryological change is distinct from the genes themselves. That genetic trait is therefore non-existent?