Faith can't live without it

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Faith can't live without it

Post by cslewislover »

BW, I think in the end, that's all we can do. Cling to the Lord. I know I have days like that, where that's basically all there is. "Have mercy on me, I am a sinner," and hold on fast.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

cslewislover wrote:BW, I think in the end, that's all we can do. Cling to the Lord. I know I have days like that, where that's basically all there is. "Have mercy on me, I am a sinner," and hold on fast.
Yea - I say so too...

I am thinking of using this idea in debates with others on what Faith in God means. I think it makes it simple to understand - cling unto the Lord!

:amen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Do you like this song? I love it - it's one of my favorites - perhaps the lyrics are related. "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing": http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=spjkgMpVD ... re=related
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Harry12345
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Harry12345 »

B. W. wrote:While pondering what faith is in regards to faith in God — I am beginning to see that an attribute of faith is — clinging too the Lord.

What do you all think about this? Faith — Believe in the Lord paints a picture of a person who spends their mortal days clinging to the Lord in all they do and say…

Does this make sense?
-
-
-
Clinging to an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent god? Most wise! :amen:
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.