HOW BAD IS BAD?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
tj rich
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

HOW BAD IS BAD?

Post by tj rich »

God is to be feared, but he is just, what is the most you can get away with and still be saved? This is not a stupid question as in modern society we don't stone a woman to death if she is not a virgin but still think we follow god's law. When we read the bible, what laws are definitely right and what laws should we ignore?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: HOW BAD IS BAD?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Yes, it is a stupid question. Actually, a very stupid question.

Did you suffer a brain injury during the civil unrest in Belfast, or are you just naturally...uh...how do I put this politely?...nonsensical?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

tj rich wrote:God is to be feared, but he is just, what is the most you can get away with and still be saved? This is not a stupid question as in modern society we don't stone a woman to death if she is not a virgin but still think we follow god's law. When we read the bible, what laws are definitely right and what laws should we ignore?
Sin once, and you stand condemned before God.
harth1026
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by harth1026 »

tj rich wrote:When we read the bible, what laws are definitely right and what laws should we ignore?
All of God's laws are definitely right. Why would you even consider him wrong with something?
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

tj rich wrote:God is to be feared, but he is just, what is the most you can get away with and still be saved?

This is a hard question to frame, but I'll give you this; If you are truly saved, you are forgiven of all sins by the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are not truly saved, then you will get away with nothing.
You will be judged according to your ways.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

If you do a search of tj rich's previous posts, you'll understand something about him. Last night, a particularly senseless post of his was removed (by forces unknown), along with my answer in which I called him a «mixed-up puppy».

Those of you who have taken his question at face value - as if it had merit and were honest - are to be commended for the spirit of charity shown towards this benighted person.

I made the mistake of answering him according to his folly:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself. -Pr 26:4

8-}2 ->FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

He has been banned and asked to move on since this board is not intended for such persons.
N4SC
Familiar Member

Post by N4SC »

Sorry, but this isn't a question that needs to be answered. Rather, it should be annihilated from the planet.
The common theme of the world seems to be "what kind of immorality and sin can I indulge in without looking like a bad person?"
Did you (are you) a Christian because you want fire insurance or do you really love God? Someone who loves God doesn't ask "how much can I disobey Him and still get away with it?", which is essentially what you're asking.