Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Post by Cross.eyed »

cslewislover wrote:
Cross.eyed wrote:
cslewislover wrote:OK, that guy. Yeah, hmm . . . I guess to me it seems that almost everyone agrees that Robert Redford, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise....

Robert Redford is good looking?? Good looking what?
Isn't he somewhere in the neighborhood of 230 years old???
Lol. Ok, a lot of people considered (past tense) him handsome. Lol.

Who do you think is handsome, cross.eyed?
I have never seen a man I thought of as hansome.
I really don't know, aside from a God given instinct, why any woman would find us attractive.
We have hair (that more resembles sage brush than hair) on our face, chest, back, and knobby legs- not to mention our nose and ears.
Speaking of our legs, there may be some evidence for evolution in just the looks of them..not sure but our (men) common ancestor could have been some weird kind of a species of woodpeckers, knobby knees, spindly calves, and over grown feet.

The old nursery rhyme could be accurate-women were made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Men were concocted from road kill!
I am the wretch the song refers to.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Cross.eyed wrote: The old nursery rhyme could be accurate-women were made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Men were concocted from road kill!
:pound:

Hey, I kind-of think I'm that way, sugar and spice and everything nice. But it seems like a lot of guys can't handle spicy food, lol (at least some types of spicy, anyway).
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Cross.eyed wrote: Your Honor FL,

I hereby request that this court immediatly reverse said judgement against all parties involved and reinstate the following;
Hansome: 1
Not Hansome: 2

Thank you, your Honor.
Barrister Cross.eyed
Request denied.

The vote now stands at:

Handsome: 2 votes
Not handsome: 0 votes.

Therefore, David Tennant is found to be handsome.

FL
Judge, Jury and Executioner
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

We've got a sexy, pretty/handsome new Dr Who

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ement.html
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

catherine wrote:We've got a sexy, pretty/handsome new Dr Who

//www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1 ... ement.html
Lol, he sure has a variety of looks, though. That first one makes him look like a vampire :lol: . Which reminds me about handsome. That young man in Twilight is handsome; yes, very much so (the one who had been in one of the Harry Potter movies). Anyway, those pics of him in his interview make him look like an alternative rock musician. It will be interesting, for sure, to see how he acts. To me, Chris and David both took their cue from Tom Baker, acting very much like him. Which, since the Doctor is supposed to be the same person all of the time (despite his looks), makes sense.

Here's a pic of that Twilight guy, Robert Pattinson; he actually looks younger in it (who cares about Doctor Who? :D ).

Last edited by cslewislover on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
catherine
Established Member

Post by catherine »

It will be interesting to see if he 'pulls it off'. I'm thinking he is too young maybe. You need to be in the 30s or 40s for that air of authority. We'll see. :ewink:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

catherine wrote:It will be interesting to see if he 'pulls it off'. I'm thinking he is too young maybe. You need to be in the 30s or 40s for that air of authority. We'll see. :ewink:
Well, that one pic of him dressed up for that drama made him look more normal and mature (lol).
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

cslewislover wrote:
catherine wrote:We've got a sexy, pretty/handsome new Dr Who

//www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1 ... ement.html
Lol, he sure has a variety of looks, though. That first one makes him look like a vampire :lol: . Which reminds me about handsome. That young man in Twilight is handsome; yes, very much so (the one who had been in one of the Harry Potter movies). Anyway, those pics of him in his interview make him look like an alternative rock musician. It will be interesting, for sure, to see how he acts. To me, Chris and David both took their cue from Tom Baker, acting very much like him. Which, since the Doctor is supposed to be the same person all of the time (despite his looks), makes sense.

Here's a pic of that Twilight guy, Robert Pattinson; he actually looks younger in it (who cares about Doctor Who? :D ).

ugh, now see, I don't find him handsome and don'y find the twilight guy handsome. Maybe it's jut the poses they are striking, they seem almost sinister. oh, I hope I won't be disappointed in the new doctor. (maybe they are too young....)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

zoegirl wrote: ugh, now see, I don't find him handsome and don'y find the twilight guy handsome. Maybe it's jut the poses they are striking, they seem almost sinister. oh, I hope I won't be disappointed in the new doctor. (maybe they are too young....)
Really, you don't think Pattinson (Twilight guy) is handsome? LOL. Yay, I can have him all to myself then! (In a pic I just saw from a news page, he looks 10 years older!) :lol:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Maybe it is his younth....he reminds me toomuch of my students....and dude get a hairbrush.... :ewink:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hey, I just found an interesting article about Doctor Who on a Christian site. It's pretty long, and from a book (not sure if it's published yet or not). Located here:

http://www.bethinking.org/culture-world ... -learn.htm
Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

What matt smith handsome? Nonsense! I find him quite ugly, no offence but that's a good thing! I hope that the legions of fan girls are upset Tenneco turning into him. I found the whole "bring rose back again and again" thing tiring. She should of been got rid of by season 2 I say.

Matt smith however, will be a great doctor. Just less lubby bubby and MOAR ACTION. :esmile:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I agree about ROse....I found that whole gone back gone back very frustrating. This last foray into "the Doctor had major feelings for ROse" was tiring. I found both of the other companions much more challenging to the Doctor. Martha's intelligence was very refreshing and Donna's uppitiness provided great platonic chemistry to the show, whereas Rose was just....there...

I like the companions to have more willingness to fight back with the Doctor and although I originally was irritated with Donna her character grew on me. I started really looking forward to the episodes. What's she going to say to the Doctor this time.

I checked out the official site and I still find the new guy creepy....where are his eyebrows for pete's sake!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/

Get that man an eyebrow corrector pencil!!

I don't need the man to be handsome but hopefully he will definitely have the same level of charisma as DAvid Tennant.
Cactus
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Cactus »

Talk about the devil...

I found myself being told I remind him of "Brad Pitt" by the curate at my church this evening. Shame that good works can't get you into heaven or Pitt/Jolie would have their ticket reserved already.

Ontopic:

ROSE NEVER BACK. YAY! Rosita was a bit of a funny in-joke though.(sorry if I spoilt a character name from Xmas special)

I agree with that willing to fight back thing...COME ON...WHERE IS THE Doctor's "Daughter" ! If she never becomes a companion or something I would be annoyed!

Anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/misc/ ... ctor.shtml an extended interview with #11 :D
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Cactus wrote:Talk about the devil...

I found myself being told I remind him of "Brad Pitt" by the curate at my church this evening. Shame that good works can't get you into heaven or Pitt/Jolie would have their ticket reserved already.

Ontopic:

ROSE NEVER BACK. YAY! Rosita was a bit of a funny in-joke though.(sorry if I spoilt a character name from Xmas special)

I agree with that willing to fight back thing...COME ON...WHERE IS THE Doctor's "Daughter" ! If she never becomes a companion or something I would be annoyed!

Anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/misc/ ... ctor.shtml an extended interview with #11 :D
The curate isn't gay, right? Lol, just wanted to make sure. :D

Yes, and I agree with you about the daughter. How could they NOT bring her back? Thanks for that link, BTW, I'll check it out later.