gravitationally bound constellations

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Dazed and Confused
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

gravitationally bound constellations

Post by Dazed and Confused »

I was going through the list of scientific principles here at G&S and came across the Pleiades's and Orion section were it stated that they are gravitationally bound constellations. I found a blurp on Wikipedia stating that Pleiades was gravitationally, but could find nothing directly relating to Orion. It did state that the Orion Nebula was gravitationally bound, but evidently this is not the same thing as the constellation of Orion. Any ideas?
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
David Blacklock
Valued Member
Christian: No

Re: gravitationally bound constellations

Post by David Blacklock »

Unless I am mistaken, every item of mass in the universe affects all other mass in the universe, the amount of that affect being proportional to its amount of mass and inversely proportional (by some ratio) to the distance between it and any other piece of mass. That makes them both gravitational and no mass in the universe non-gravitational.

I'm open for correction y:-?

DB