One or two anomalies

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: One or two anomalies

Post by BavarianWheels »

banned wrote:in the interests of fairness I have added a Strobel (The Case for Christ) to my wish list on Amazon, and if I'm allowed to stay, will tell you what I think of it in a few weeks, and you can tell me what you thought of The God Delusion. :wave:
Two of my favorite books because of the "lite" science stuff, are:

The Hidden Face of God
and
The Science of God

I really enjoyed these books by Gerald L. Schroeder. He has others that I like also, but these two are my faves. Maybe after you read The Case for Christ? :)

In the mean time, next time I go to my local bookstore, I'll look and see if they have The God Delusion to see/understand your perspective better.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I am amazed at this turn of events.

You are very lucky, rmil65. The moderators here are very forgiving. Very, very forgiving. If I had been a moderator, you'd still be in a sewer somewhere, en route to a waste treatment plant...then again, I am a former atheist and still have stuff to learn about forgiveness.
Pardon my foolishness!
BavarianWheels wrote:In the mean time, next time I go to my local bookstore, I'll look and see if they have The God Delusion to see/understand your perspective better.
I'm bowled over, I'm knocked to the ground! BMW is being nice as well! Surely, we are in the last days!

FL :esurprised:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
robyn hill
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by robyn hill »

I think it's pretty cool you are back on here rmil65. I do agree with you on the sarcasim and ridicule part. When I start getting like that in a discussion, and it happens more than I'd like to admit, I just try to back out for a while so my emotions aren't speaking for me. Lee Strobel's "Case for a Creator" is a good book too, but perhaps I am over zealous. :wave:
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I'm bowled over, I'm knocked to the ground! BMW is being nice as well! Surely, we are in the last days!

FL :esurprised:
And here I thought I was a nice guy... :(
ARWallace
Established Member

Post by ARWallace »

FL:

>>"If I had been a moderator, you'd still be in a sewer somewhere, en route to a waste treatment plant"

Is this hyperbole?

>>then again, I am a former atheist and still have stuff to learn about forgiveness.

Atheists don't know anything about forgiveness? Is this what you meant to imply?

Hm.
Al
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

BavarianWheels wrote:And here I thought I was a nice guy...
Well...no. You are actually very much like a BMW: taut, tight, to-the-point. Nothing wrong with that...but you ain't no Cadillac.
ARWallace wrote:FL:

Is this hyperbole?

Atheists don't know anything about forgiveness? Is this what you meant to imply?
I can tell from your reply that your head is in a vise. With your hand, reach up and grasp the vise's handle. Rotate it counter-clockwise to release your head. Breathe deeply. You should be feeling OK by tomorrow.

Now, let us patiently wait for rmil65's return.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
ARWallace
Established Member

Post by ARWallace »

FL:

>>I can tell from your reply that your head is in a vise. With your hand, reach up and grasp the vise's handle. Rotate it counter-clockwise to release your head. Breathe deeply. You should be feeling OK by tomorrow.

Vise? Um, no. I just found your response - um - interesting. Provocative. In the anonymity that is an internet discussion board - where tone and inflection that can reveal much about intent is lost - one can often feel misrepresented. So I am seeking clarity. Was your statement hyperbole, or did you really mean it, verbatim? I'm just curious. And I gather you didn't mean that all atheists know nothing of forgiveness. Perhaps just you, in your former life.

So there's nothing vice-like in my queries at all. Simply honest inquisition. Not that I have anything at stake in rmil's state of banning...just following the thread.

Al
robyn hill
Established Member

Post by robyn hill »

Ok Firstem..Germanreallylongname,
That vice comment really had me laughing, pretty funny stuff I must admit. :lol:
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Well...no. You are actually very much like a BMW: taut, tight, to-the-point. Nothing wrong with that...but you ain't no Cadillac.
I feel really sexy for some reason...I'll take taut, tight and to-the-point. I wont get into the metaphorical points between the two. :)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

BavarianWheels wrote:
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
I feel really sexy for some reason...I'll take taut, tight and to-the-point. I wont get into the metaphorical points between the two. :)
:pound:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
robyn hill
Established Member

Post by robyn hill »

you wrote:
I feel really sexy for some reason...I'll take taut, tight and to-the-point. I wont get into the metaphorical points between the two.

You're killin me. :lol: :clap: