Superstitions

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Superstitions

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

My wife and I own a couple of apartment buildings, including the one we live in. We are not rich enough to pay people to do renovations, so I do all the work myself. I am presently in the process of a total renovation in one of our units: I'm tearing out all the walls, replacing the floors, putting in new insulation, wiring and plumbing, etc.

This is the third unit I am totally renovating in as many years. I've noticed something: anytime I tear out a wall, I find a coin - usually a 1¢ piece, sometimes a nickel or a dime - hidden under a 2 x 4 at the base of a wall. I used to think that the builders just forgot change until someone told me that putting a penny under a new wall brings good luck. I checked this story out and it is apparently common practice among construction workers.

Isn't it bizarre that beefy laborers with no time for hocus pocus would believe in such foolishness?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Harry12345
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Superstitions

Post by Harry12345 »

Weird! Mind you we all have quirky little things we do. Once I walked under a ladder and found a £2 on the floor a few seconds after! So now I try to walk under ladders as much as I can. Not having any more luck so far. :?
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.